Carrie Fisher has heart attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
    She was in cardiac arrest 16 minutes before the plane landed. Even though there was an EMT on board she didn't recover a pulse until 16 minutes after the plane landed. Thirty minutes without a pulse isn't good. Don't expect much.
    Well, the Doctor was right.

RIP.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

RIP.
      Blah

Comment

I have to admit that William Shatner (who also knew her well) found the right words in his Tweet

I'm deeply saddened to learn of the death of Carrie Fisher. I will miss our banterings. A wonderful talent & light has been extinguished.
        — William Shatner (@WilliamShatner) 27. Dezember 2016
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

What was she famous for, beyond starring in Star Wars?
          Graffiti in a public toilet
          Do not require skill or wit
          Among the **** we all are poets
          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post

Well, most famous definitely for her role in Star Wars.
            But she also had minor roles in lots of movies, for example in "When Harry met Sally" or "Blues Brothers" and as the voice of Peter Griffins Boss Angela in Family Guy.
            Also she was a well known Script Doctor in Hollywood and (aside from fixing other sriptwriters scripts) published several books of her own

See also:

and her imdb entry:
            Known for: Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope, Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi, Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
              Dang ... 2016 truely is the worst year
              It's not over yet ....and then next year gets to be 2017!
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                doing coke

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                  It's not over yet ....and then next year gets to be 2017!
                  Aye, still a few days left for a few more celebrities of our youth to die

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                  doing coke
                  And turning her long battle with her mental problems (she was bipolar) and her addictions into lots of witty words

Comment

YES WHAT A GREAT LIGHT THAT'S BEEN EXTINGUISHED HERE TODAY, JUST LOOK AT HER TWITTER ACCOUNT, SHE WAS A MODERN DAY ROBERT FROST :MAD: :anrgry: :MAD: https://twitter.com/carrieffisher?re...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

I MEAN JUST LOOK AT HER POETIC LAST WORDS ON TWITTER, LIKELY POSTED AS THE PLANE FERRYING HER ENTITLED ASS FROM LONDON TO LOS ANGELES IN FIRST CLASS WAS MID FLIGHT :

OH WAIT IS THAT HER TWITTER ACCOUNT OR THE CRAP MICROSOFT WORD SPITS OUT WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE THE REQUESTED FONT INSTALLED ON YOUR PC? THIS WOMAN USED SO MANY EMOJIS I HONESTLY CAN'T TELL IF HER BRAIN WAS AS BROKEN DOWN BY THE COKE AS HER HEART, LET'S JUST BE CHARITABLE AND ASSUME SHE DIDN'T HAVE TIMES NEW ROMAN INSTALLED ON HER TWITTER APP

LET'S GET REAL FOLKS, THIS WOMAN WAS THE DEFINITION OF HOT MESS, WAS BORN HOT AND RICH AND FAMOUS, GOT MORE FAMOUS , HAD A LOT OF SEX INCLUDING WITH MARRIED MEN LIKE HARRISON FORD, DID ENOUGH COKE TO FRY HER HEART 20 YEARS LATER. IF SHE IS A ROLE MODEL TO ANYONE, ESPECIALLY WOMEN WHO NOW 'THINK THEY DON'T NEED TO RELY ON A MAN' BECAUSE SHE REALLY STUCK IT TO JABBA HUT, THEN I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY MORE WOMEN AREN'T GOING OUT AND BEING BORN RICH, FAMOUS AND HOT AND LANDING BIG ROLES IN STAR WARS, SINCE THAT'S WHAT SHE DID.

BONUS CARRIE FISHER RETARDATION, WHICH REALLY CAPTURES THE BEAUTY OF BRUGES:

WHAT A BRIGHT LIGHT WE'VE LOST HERE :MAD: :MAD:

Comment

Just say no to drugs, kids

Comment

Unless it's caffeine, alcohol or (in some places) marijuana

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                          Just say no to non government sanctioned drugs, kids
                          FTFY
                          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

In all fairness, we all mostly remember CF as "that lady who was in awesome movies thirty-odd years ago." Also in nostalgia-mining said movies last year. Death is always sad, but it's not like the average person remembers her as anyone except Princess Leia.
                            Last edited by Elok; December 29, 2016, 10:05. Reason: sad not said, durr
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Poor Billie Lourd ... first she loses her mother ... and now, less than 1.5 days later, her gandmother as well

I can only quote William Shatner (in his 2nd posting after Carries death):

What a day and a horrible year it has been. Cannot wait for Sunday.
                              — William Shatner (@WilliamShatner) 28. Dezember 2016

Comment

Next year will be horrible too.

Comment

Working...
                                X