Carrie Fisher has heart attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrie Fisher has heart attack

On a tablet so can't post a link. Found on bbc website. In critical condition. Doesn't look good.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Bad deal.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

2016:

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Looks like she was lucky, as the heart attack happened in the last minutes of her transatlantic flight (and not somewhere in the middle or somesuch)

Star Wars actress Carrie Fisher is in intensive care after a cardiac arrest on a London-LA flight.

Meanwhile she is out of the emergency room and stabilized but still in intensive care, hooked to a ventilator

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Ventilation isn't good.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

This might screw up filming of the new star wars movies.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

But if she lingers, she might make 2017 Dead Pool list.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                This might screw up filming of the new star wars movies.
                Filming of Star Wars VIII may already be complete (or at least almost complete) ... at least unless Reshoots have to be done.
                As für Star Wars IX ... as we saw with Governor Tarkin in Rogue One, the death of an actor isn't necessarily the end of his role in movies

(but I for my part have high hopes that she survives ... just like Harrison Ford escaped death ~2 years ago (surviving his plane crash))
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

She was in cardiac arrest 16 minutes before the plane landed. Even though there was an EMT on board she didn't recover a pulse until 16 minutes after the plane landed. Thirty minutes without a pulse isn't good. Don't expect much.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Based on the way people reacted to her appearance (or any OT figure's) at the Ep 7 screening I attended, they could probably prop up her vegetative body and move it around Weekend at Bernie's style, and she'd still get cheers.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Spoiler:
                      They already proved they can replace her in Rogue One.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I wonder how much she got paid for that.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Carrie Fisher is gone. RIP Princess

Last edited by PLATO; December 27, 2016, 14:46. Reason: added link
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Dang ... 2016 truely is the worst year

Comment

Dammit.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                              X