No announcement yet.

Ist Poly Kaputt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No FB for me, it's a bigger waste of time than... pretty much anything else. Self-reinforcing bs regurgitator, TV has less repetition and ads. I fortunately do not need it for business.
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
      The poly I joined seventeen years ago is kaput, but so is pretty much everything else that I was a part of seventeen years ago and so I'd have to be an idiot to think that poly would be an exception
      Man I remember banging away on Poly at the library at Texas A&M when I should have been studying.

Now everyone is gone. Dis, Devilmunchkin, Tass, that crazy lady, the guy who lived in TJ and talked a big game, DinoDoc.
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Largely, nobody new either, let's hope it can survive until real civ is released Civ VII, with the great american wall and President Trump. I am buying it on those grounds alone, even if it includes 1upt.
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Now that the even odd streak has been broken, all hope for any in the future is lost.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

6 is pretty good, you're all wierd.

Comment

The Jury is still out. (mostly in terms of replayability) People think it's ok at first but are getting bored quickly.
              But then that's all from word of mouth since I have refused to buy it yet. 1up mechanics still seem tedious and boring.

And "pretty good" isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I play Paradox games, no Civ is going to get me THAT excited these days.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                  Is HoI4 any good? I'm mostly addicted to Ironman EUIV as smaller nations.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                    Is HoI4 any good? I'm mostly addicted to Ironman EUIV as smaller nations.
                    Good but flawed. There's a new expansion out today apparently, but I haven't checked yet to hear if they solve any of the problems. It's still superb though.

I've actually been spending a lot of time recently doing the same as you. I made some single state country in Indonesia into a Malay superstate a few weeks ago and conquered half of North America, it was awesome.

Comment

I spent a while trying to do the Nadj achievement, before they drastically increased the number of provinces. After that, playing as a major nation felt boring.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I generally can't be arsed with major nations, it just feels too easy. Started playing on Ironman too, although as it generally involves restarting a dozen or two times im not sure why I do that..

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                          Victoria

I recommend it. And it should be really cheap as it is a rather old game.

(I haven't tried Victoria 2).

I had EU 1 but hated the combat system so much I have not tried any of the later releases.

Comment

Yeah Poly is a dead site - "Star Wars Rogue One" is apparently way more important than "Russian Arch-Duke shot in Ankara" or "Accident or terror in Berlin ?"
                            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

BlackCat drinks too much lol.
                              Order of the Fly
                              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Sneezze drinks too little
                                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X