Crime rates and voting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crime rates and voting

Why do counties with high crime rates vote democrat, and counties with low crime rates vote republican? It can't just be criminals voting for democrats. In fact many of them are felons, so they can't vote. The rest probably don't vote either.

So if republicans are tough on crime why don't the victims of crime vote for them. Instead, people who are less likely to be victims of crime DO vote for them.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

That reminds me:
    Are prisoners allowed to vote?
    And how is voting conducted in a prison? Could imagine that it is quite a challenge to organize such a thing

(also: if prisoners are allowed to vote ... has any candidate ever done an election rally in prisons?)
    Last edited by Proteus_MST; November 12, 2016, 15:56.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
      That reminds me:
      Are prisoners allowed to vote?
      And how is voting conducted in a prison? Could imagine that it is quite a challenge to organize such a thing
      Not felons. I'm not sure about others.

Comment

Felons can vote in most states, provided they finished their prison sentence, parole, probation, etc.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
          Felons can vote in most states, provided they finished their prison sentence, parole, probation, etc.
          So, as long as they are in prison, they are also not allowed to vote?
          Fascinating
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            Why do counties with high crime rates vote democrat, and counties with low crime rates vote republican?
            IIRC the USA is the only country with Democratic and Republican parties.

I mean, the question is pretty stupid to begin with, but the least you can do is to use terms that make sense.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
              IIRC the USA is the only country with Democratic and Republican parties.

I mean, the question is pretty stupid to begin with, but the least you can do is to use terms that make sense.
              Do n't get your panties in a twist about stuff like that.

Comment

Also, apparently it's a stupid question that nobody knows the answer to.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                  Why do counties with high crime rates vote democrat, and counties with low crime rates vote republican?
                  Graffiti in a public toilet
                  Do not require skill or wit
                  Among the **** we all are poets
                  Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Is Kidicious really baffled that blacks and latinos don't support the prison-industrial complex?

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                      People who are more likely to be victims of crime are more likely to vote for democrats. Are you saying it's because they live in big cities?

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                        Is Kidicious really baffled that blacks and latinos don't support the prison-industrial complex?
                        I'm also baffled when people believe in the Boogy Man.

Comment

I'll take that as a yes.

Comment

It is because Republicans appear 'tough on crime' but are not really.

So people who are afraid of crime, but don't experience it vote Republican. People who expeirence crime know the Republican stances don't work and so vote Democrat.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                              I'll take that as a yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X