No announcement yet.

results thread [us elections]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem with the electoral college here is it puts overemphasis on certain states and other states are not given their fair share. States like Iowa and Ohio are overrepresented in this country, while California is grossly underrepresented. Republicans will claim it's to keep it fair. How is that the case? We need one of the popular vote, like most other western countries. No, I'm sorry but this electoral crap just doesn't cut it anymore.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Everybody knew the rules of the game when it started. Blame Hillary for not playing the game, not the system itself.
      The fault is hers alone, and not the electoral college.

Sure, I hate the electoral system, but I'm not going to whine about simply because a candidate lost but won the popular vote. It's not the first time, it probably won't be the last time, but it is the rules, so deal with it.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
        Everybody knew the rules of the game when it started. Blame Hillary for not playing the game, not the system itself.
        The fault is hers alone, and not the electoral college.

Sure, I hate the electoral system, but I'm not going to whine about simply because a candidate lost but won the popular vote. It's not the first time, it probably won't be the last time, but it is the rules, so deal with it.
        I'm suggesting change, not whining about it. What is done is done.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• You sure sound like you are whining...
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

You sure sound like you are whining...
            You can believe whatever you want. Maybe remove the sunglasses before you post. It may help.

Comment

• Sunglasses... you were the one with all the wrong predictions... you are the one looking through glasses.
              And yes, I will believe what I want.
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Sunglasses... you were the one with all the wrong predictions... you are the one looking through glasses.
                And yes, I will believe what I want.
                For goodness sakes. Enough with the predictions crap. I was going by what pollsters said. Most people on here said she would win too.

I had some predictions right in the past and some not. That's the nature of the game. So cut the bull****.

Comment

• Ben...

Welcome to the November archive of Essential Politics. Find our current news feed here. Be sure to follow us on Twitter for more, or subscribe to our free daily newsletter and the California Politics Podcast

9 million counted roughly and 4 million to go... Makes 13 million. Millions more than Texas.

Comment

• "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Trudeau better build a wall and make America pay for it

Comment

• Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                        the popular vote doesn't mean ****.
                        Yet, so many try to argue that it does. The only thing important about it is if you're using it as a reason to change the rules.
                        Read the rule book, popular vote counts for nothing.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                          Yet, so many try to argue that it does. The only thing important about it is if you're using it as a reason to change the rules.
                          Read the rule book, popular vote counts for nothing.
                          Changing the rules is often why it is being brought up right now.

Comment

• Go for it... try to change the Electoral College... good luck with that. Are you predicting that's going to happen?

As far as this election goes, it's over. That Hillary got a percent or two more votes than Trump is meaningless to the election.

On another note, It's kind of sad how the liberals blasted Trump when he indicated he might not accept the results of the election... but now they are rioting, claiming he's not their president.
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• He isn't my president and he will never represent me. I don't condone violence though. Planning for 2018 and ultimately 2020 seems to be the most optimal way going about it. If this country still exists by then.

And as far as predictions, I been right and wrong in the past. Win some, lose some.

Comment

• If the country still exists by then... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA is that another prediction?
                                And face reality, HE WILL BE OUR PRESIDENT. He WILL represent you.
                                He Won, Hillary lost... Deal with it.
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X