No announcement yet.

Is Europe full of fascists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The funny thing is you are the rich ... with free time to post on the Internet and disposable income to throw away on dacqauree... pining for the time when the people rise up and take away your opulent lifestyle.

Comment

Merkel's and her party is trying to reposition itself closer to what the people want wet the abuse of the asylum system but it maybe to little to late. Not even promising tax cuts seem to help her poll numbers.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
        Merkel's and her party is trying to reposition itself closer to what the people want wet the abuse of the asylum system but it maybe to little to late. Not even promising tax cuts seem to help her poll numbers.
        You do realize she doesn't need a majority to win to retain power? And her poll numbers are still ahead of her opponents.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Yes, young man, I am well aware of how parliamentary systems work so stop pretending you know anything profound when you are just stating the obvious. It is still a big fall for her party's popularity in a short period of time.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            Yes, young man, I am well aware of how parliamentary systems work so stop pretending you know anything profound when you are just stating the obvious. It is still a big fall for her party's popularity in a short period of time.
            Which has already begun to recover, because voters are now looking at other issues (which she ranks more highly on than opponents) and the migration wave has sharply decreased after multiple defeats of Daesh. I think I know more about European politics than you, so let's leave it at that.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

in fact, while the CDU/CSU managed a minor recovery over the summer, they are now back down to around 30% according to the latest polls.
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                in fact, while the CDU/CSU managed a minor recovery over the summer, they are now back down to around 30% according to the latest polls.
                I would have to see a more recent poll. I haven't been able to find new ones.

Since it is a parliamentary system, they will probably be able to invite the greens. But what about the Social Democrats? The CDU, CSU, SPD and Greens will probably account for 65-70% of the vote. The Greens did have a bit of a bounce themselves (from what I last saw).

It won't be a close call like in Austria's Presidential race. They will just have to form another coalition government. Austria is interesting and they had to have another election for the largely ceremonial Presidency. I think Bellen will prevail in the end and may win with even more in a second redo of the vote. People are frightened at the prospect of a fascist loser holding such sway.
                Last edited by Giancarlo; September 13, 2016, 13:07. Reason: Error in Austria's presidential race - a redo was ordered.

Comment

polling for the federal elections can be found here.

it very is likely that the grand coalition will continue; indeed, it's hard to see any other outcome. the two big parties have lost a lot of support, though, and the days when one of them forming a majority government was a serious possibility are long gone.

in austria, we'll see. hofer has almost the entire working class vote, whereas van de bellen dominates among those with a university education. it will be very close.
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

They still will form a coalition government on the basis of 65-70% of the electorate.

I think the longer things go on the better it will be for Bellen. Hoffer wanted a redo more quickly. It will give people less time to reflect.

Comment

who is they? i don't think the two big parties will get above 60%, maybe even less.

it's not a question of reflection, as if the more people thought about things the less likely they are to vote for right-wing candidates (if only!). it will come down to events: a big migrant surge or a major terrorist attack will help hofer; if things remain calm, then that will aid van der bellen. but whatever happens it will be very close.
                      Last edited by C0ckney; September 13, 2016, 13:58.

Comment

who is they? i don't think the two big parties will get above 60%, maybe even less.

it's not a question of reflection, as if the more people thought about things the less likely they are to vote for right-wing candidates (if only!). it will be come to events: a big migrant surge or a major terrorist attack will help hofer; if things remain calm, then that will aid van der bellen. but whatever happens it will be very close.
                        I was counting the Greens who look like they command around 10-15% and are often in the coalition. The left may also be included and they are about 10%.

You are probably right... But the migrant waves have been on a decline throughout. Probably because of the changing situation in Iraq and Syria. I think Bellen will prevail as things do seem to be calming down.

Comment

yes, i think it's possible, especially if the two big parties get less than 60%¨of the vote, that either the greens or the FDP could be brought in. they may be reluctant to join the government, however. der linke wouldn't be asked, and they would certainly refuse in any case.

Comment

yes, i think it's possible, especially if the two big parties get less than 60%¨of the vote, that either the greens or the FDP could be brought in. they may be reluctant to join the government, however. der linke wouldn't be asked, and they would certainly refuse in any case.
                            We will see.

Comment

It's certaintly interesting that after the visengaurd (how is it spelled) there is also the red med. well that's my name for it, some call it derogatorily club med because they are polar bears.

in any case, in the first ever south meeting, france italy spain (degraded the attendance because they're right wing) portugal and greece met in athens couple of days ago. all the prime ministers

they can form a blocking minority (or majority)
                              anyway they can block things

a good development.
                              the EU is being busted into areas after the effeblement of the paris - berlin axis.

niccccce

(when i say south it always brings to mind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCRae5mRoRE )

Comment

and malta
                                (very important)
                                and cyprus

Comment

Working...
                                X