No announcement yet.

Why are the betting markets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like onefoot, i think that trump's likely foreign policy will be better than hillary's likely foreign policy.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
      Found one article on him flip-flopping, and as far as politicians go (not to mention Hillary), he is actually not flip-flopping much, this is basically blown up out of proportions, there are a lot of better reasons for attacking Trump than foreign policy, especially considering he is running against Hillary.
      You are incorrect. Trump called for Qaddadis removal. He has totally flip flopped. Trump is awful on foreign policy and his ideas towards other people and nations is disgusting. He wouldn't just launch wars, he would destroy the image of this nation in various parts of the world.

You think it is difficult now? Wait until that lunatic gets in power. His extremely neoconservative foreign policy would create even more terrorists.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
        like onefoot, i think that trump's likely foreign policy will be better than hillary's likely foreign policy.
        I think absolutely not.

He would ruin relations with other countries and his deal making ability is absolute ****.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

This is actually consistent with keeping Assad in power - the only reasonable option in Syria.

Hit ISIS hard with the Russians, put Assad back in the driving seat and start rebuilding Syria with the old/new dictator behind, looking for stability in the region.
          This is so ridiculous it isn't even true. He would bomb other countries, he wouldnt bother rebuilding them. Oh and his justifying the crackdown by Turkish President Erdogan was deplorable and disgusting. Read the article I posted in the Turkey coup thread. Thousands have been arrested without trial and many have been tortured and murdered.

His foreign policy is absolute vague ****, just like most of his other views. Oh and building a wall... awesome foreign policy. Not.

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
            He wouldn't just launch wars, he would destroy the image of this nation in various parts of the world.
            Bush beat him to it.

Comment

I think absolutely not.

He would ruin relations with other countries and his deal making ability is absolute ****.
              well of course you don't. he certainly seems like far less of a warmonger, and he has been strongly critical of the iraq war and other such disasters.
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

This is so ridiculous it isn't even true. He would bomb other countries, he wouldnt bother rebuilding them. Oh and his justifying the crackdown by Turkish President Erdogan was deplorable and disgusting. Read the article I posted in the Turkey coup thread. Thousands have been arrested without trial and many have been tortured and murdered.

His foreign policy is absolute vague ****, just like most of his other views. Oh and building a wall... awesome foreign policy. Not.
                From what I can see/read - he would bomb ISIS, that's about it.

His justification of what Erdogan is doing is deplorable, but again Hillary will support Erdogan regardless, so same ****, but prettier packaging on Hillary's side who already did "bomb other countries and did not bother rebuilding them", so Trump cannot be worse than her in that aspect, not to mention that his current stance is clear and articulate that US needs to get out of wars in the ME, pretty much the opposite of Hillary, who is in for doubling down on the failed policies of last decade and a half.

Building a wall is domestic policy, not foreign .
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

well of course you don't. he certainly seems like far less of a warmonger, and he has been strongly critical of the iraq war and other such disasters.
                  Nope. He is a bigger war monger than Hillary and very aggressive and nasty. He flip flops all the time and lies about where he stands depending on who he talks with.

Comment

From what I can see/read - he would bomb ISIS, that's about it.

His justification of what Erdogan is doing is deplorable, but again Hillary will support Erdogan regardless, so same ****, but prettier packaging on Hillary's side who already did "bomb other countries and did not bother rebuilding them", so Trump cannot be worse than her in that aspect, not to mention that his current stance is clear and articulate that US needs to get out of wars in the ME, pretty much the opposite of Hillary, who is in for doubling down on the failed policies of last decade and a half.

Building a wall is domestic policy, not foreign .
                    Wrong in all counts. He would bomb entire nations and even probably bomb Nigeria because they have Boko Haram. He is reckless and vicious with his rhetoric. Trump is clearly worse. Stop trying to justify his insanity. He isn't going to get us out of the middle east. I don't believe that for a minute. He would drive us deeper and deeper into that mess than Hillary ever would.

Unlike you, I don't believe his stupid miserable lies.

And building a wall and demanding the Mexicans pay for it show he is a stupid ****ing idiot.

Comment

And why should I believe that moron or anything he says? Used car salesman shtick. Sorry for insulting used car salesmen.

Comment

Nope. He is a bigger war monger than Hillary and very aggressive and nasty. He flip flops all the time and lies about where he stands depending on who he talks with.
                        what are you denying here, that he criticised the iraq war? how exactly is he a bigger warmonger than hillary who has both supported and overseen wars? maybe you could try backing up what you say instead of constant BAM.

Comment

what are you denying here, that he criticised the iraq war? how exactly is he a bigger warmonger than hillary who has both supported and overseen wars? maybe you could try backing up what you say instead of constant BAM.
                          He supported the intervention in Libya and wanted one in Syria. you have never backed up your claims. Hillary has overseen wars? That is interesting. Since when? Secretary of States don't oversee wars. Yeah you even admitted you know little about US politics.

Maybe you could admit I know more than you.

Trump is lying and full of ****. So why should I believe him?

Comment

well, it seems that you don't know that the secretary of state deals with foreign policy. and you appear to be moving the goal posts. the claim is that trump is less of a warmonger than hillary. the evidence for that are the positions he has taken, which include criticising the iraq war, his very different view of syria (i.e. backing assad rather than the rebels), and his generally more isolationist stance. this contrasts with hillary, who has supported/supports every war going, wants to continue with the current syria policy, and has said that she wants a more 'muscular', i.e. aggressive and interventionist, foreign policy.

onefoot has posted lots of evidence of the above, which you just BAM away or ignore.
                            Last edited by C0ckney; July 26, 2016, 14:37.

Comment

well, it seems that you don't know the secretary of state deals with foreign policy. and you appear to be moving the goal posts. the claim is that trump is less of a warmonger than hillary. the evidence for that are the positions he has taken, which include criticising the iraq war, his very different view of syria (i.e. backing assad rather than the rebels), and his generally more isolationist stance. this contrasts with hillary, who has supported/supports every war going, wants to continue with the current syria policy, and has said that she wants a more 'muscular', i.e. aggressive and interventionist, foreign policy.

onefoot has posted lots of evidence of the above, which you just BAM away or ignored.
                              And you still aren't backing up your claims. Secretary of State doesn't oversee wars. The rest of your dreck contrasts with his vicious and abrasive personality. He has a gungho mentality. He isn't an isolationist. Your statements on Hillary meanwhile are unsupported and blatantly false. Maybe you should actually read what she has said.

So basically you can sit here make up lies and post nonsense that came out of that man's mouth as fact, but you don't need to back yourself up.

Onefoot didn't post anything of relevance.

Comment

And BAM away? What the **** have you been doing here lately? Hypocrite. You have never backed yourself up once asides engage in the same histrionics.

Comment

Working...
                                X