No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL 2016 APOLYTON CELEBRITY DEAD POOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could I have "Gameshow Hosts We Loved" for 1000 Alex?

Alex Trebek, the jack-of-all-trades former CBC broadcaster who ended up hosting the popular U.S. quiz show Jeopardy! for more than three decades, has died. He was 80 years old.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
      Uncle Sparky commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder if the next thing he will hear will be, "I'll take 'The penis mightier' for 200, Trebek."

• Farewell Alex

“It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Incidentally, this year the dude who imported Jeopardy into Germany passed away as well.

RIP Frank Elstner
      RIP Alex Trebek

Comment

• The always nice hockey broadcaster commentator Howie Meeker has died.

'He’s one of the truly few people who could give you the shirt off his back. He was a really caring person.'
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• What is dead forever, Alex?

RIP to a legend.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Trebek dies a few days after the "suck it, Trebek" guy, spooky

Comment

• Since this is a deadpool I nominate Joe Biden for the next round.

Comment

• Veteran Diplomat and PLO Leader Saeb Erekat Dies of Covid-19

Comment

• Does the creepy lighthouse keeper have an alibi?

Ken Spears, co-creator of the beloved animated series "Scooby-Doo" and co-founder of Ruby-Spears Productions, died on Nov. 6. He was 82.

Comment

• Hell just got a new tenant.

The death of the killer of 13 women will bring "some closure", says the son of his first victim.

Comment

• Paul Hornung, who battled dementia.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• One of the idols of my youth. (Despite living in Illinois, my family is originally from northern Wisconsin.) I still remember my Dad explaining to me what it meant to be a "triple threat" (run, pass, and kick) and why it was so impressive. An amazing talent.
                        RIP to the Golden Boy.
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• pchang
                          pchang commented
                          Editing a comment
                          For me: Triple threat = sing, dance, act

• Sad news today in the rock and roll world. Malcolm Young, former rhythm guitarist of AC/DC, has passed away at the age of 64. Malcolm, who had suffered from early onset dementia and lung cancer in recent years, helped found the legendary rock group with his brother, Angus. #ripmalcolmyoung #acdc
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• RIP Malcolm.

Also RIP engineer/producer Bruce Swedien, an amazing talent (and multi-Grammy winner) best known for his work on Michael Jackson's Thriller album. His other production work work included such artists as Natalie Cole, Roberta Flack, Mick Jagger, David Hasselhoff, Jennifer Lopez, Paul McCartney, Diana Ross, Chaka Khan, Barbra Streisand, Lena Horne, Donna Summer, and many others.

Comment

• Grand Ole Opry star Hal Ketchum died yesterday.
                            Hal Ketchum, the '90s country star known for "Small Town Saturday Night," has died at age 67.

Comment

Working...
                            X