OFFICIAL 2016 APOLYTON CELEBRITY DEAD POOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope, if he encounters god, she will look like Alanis Morissette
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

First blood for myself and Jrabbit. René Angélil has died aged 73- https://www.yahoo.com/tv/celine-dion...212100576.html
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

If he was dumb enough to marry Celine Dion maybe he deserved to die?
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Bad year for musicians.

Glenn Frey, dead at 67.

Glenn Frey, a founding member and guitarist of the Eagles, has died ... TMZ has learned.

We're told the cause of death was a combination of complications from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis, and pneumonia.

Frey had been battling intestinal issues for months and had surgery in November. We're told in the last few days his condition took a turn for the worse. He died in New York City.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Wow. Did not see that one coming.

RIP, Glenn.

If you have the slightest interest and get a chance, the History of the Eagles documentary is recommended viewing.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Dunno if he counts as celebrity, but Marvin Minsky is dead, AI pioneer (students/researchers of AI/ANNs will surely regularly encounter him in form of the Minsky-Papert Perceptron)

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

He was a famous to me. Too bad he went before we perfected the consciousness upload process.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Abe Vigoda has finally passed on, age 94

RIP Fish....you had a good run.

Fish on Barney Miller and mobster Sal Tessio in The Godfather, and for weathering years of mistaken reports about his death, died on Tuesday at the age of 94.
                  If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

I loved him as Fish.

I also thought he was in his 90s then.

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Ming's blessing of immortality has failed him.

In other news, Colin Vearncombe who had a big hit in 1986 as Black (the song was "Wonderful Life") has sadly died after a car crash.
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                        Ming's blessing of immortality has failed him.

In other news, Colin Vearncombe who had a big hit in 1986 as Black (the song was "Wonderful Life") has sadly died after a car crash.

Ming's been slipping for years. At least now we have proof.
                        If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

David Bowie
                          Glenn Frey
                          Lemmy Kilmister
                          Ravi Shankar

Rough month in the music biz. Just got back from a trade show. Will try to update stuff soon.
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            David Bowie
                            Glenn Frey
                            Lemmy Kilmister
                            Ravi Shankar

Rough month in the music biz. Just got back from a trade show. Will try to update stuff soon.
                            Also Natalie Cole, who died just one day before reaching 2016

Comment

And now Paul Kantner, Jefferson Airplane and Starship.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Standings have been updated.

Scoring for January:

1/14 - René Angélil, 73 -- First Blood (+25)
                                Hit for:
                                Bugs ****ing Bunny (#3)
                                220 Points = (171 - 3) + (100 – 73) + 25

-Jrabbit (#6)
                                217 Points = (171 - 6) + (100 – 73) + 25

1/26 - Abe Vigoda, 94 -- Unique Pick (+25)
                                Hit for: Ming (#14)
                                188 Points = (171 - 14) + (100 – 94) + 25
                                Last edited by -Jrabbit; January 31, 2016, 21:03.

Comment

Working...
                                X