OFFICIAL 2016 APOLYTON CELEBRITY DEAD POOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry JR. **** Happens.

At least the last viable back up included all of this.
    When you get a chance in your busy schedule (and I know how real busy you are in real life) please update this.

Thanks in advance and again, sorry about the forum issues.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's okay. I'm pretty sure I remember all the scores. Ron Jeremy was having a terrible year, unfortunately, whereas my exceedingly logical selection criterion of "people who have played Einstein" proved to be, to nobody's surprise, quite fruitful.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

No need for apologies. At least we have the entries, so scoring can be reconstructed.

Sadly, I am not keeping an active Excel file on this, so it will be hand-work. I'll try to get to it in the next couple weeks.

But it would be helpful if folks could post any post-Groundhog Day hits they've had (looking at you, Bugs!).
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

No problem- the list of my dearly departed follows.

Tom Libous
          Joey Feek
          Bob Ellis
          Howard Marks
          Martin Crowe
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Thanks, man.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Dave Swarbrick of Fairport Convention has died. He was a great musician, but has been cheerfully coffin-dodging for many years. Going 10 years after a double lung transplant takes some doing.

Musician Dave Swarbrick, best known for his work with influential folk group Fairport Convention, dies at the age of 75.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Muhammad Ali, age 74.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                  But it would be helpful if folks could post any post-Groundhog Day hits they've had (looking at you, Bugs!).
                  Abe Vigoda * - died Jan 26
                  Harper Lee - died Feb 19

And a new one:
                  Muhammad Ali * - died Jun 3

I can't believe I'm the only one that had him...
                  RIP... You're still the Champ.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

He's been on my list a couple different times, but not this year.

Ali meant a lot to me. Always true to himself and his beliefs.
                    RIP The Greatest.

Comment

My 1st sports hero. I was a kid, but I thought Liston was likely going to kill him. Turned out to be an iconic night.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

he threw off his slave name and called himself Muhammad

rip Mr Ali, you were the greatest when I was growing up...

Comment

Playwright Peter Shaffer (Equus, Amadeus) is dead @ 90.
                          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

RIP Gordie Howe
                            Last edited by pchang; June 10, 2016, 12:06.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/19/star-t...-yelchin-dead/

Anton (Chekov) Yelchin dead @ 27
                              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I had Mohammed Ali in a previous year.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X