Obama admits failure of ISIS strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NICE MOBIUS View Post
    The Daily Mail is about as right-wing as you can get in the UK for a newspaper. Anyway, nice try changing the subject - read the ****ing articles...

Even Ted Cruz says the US ****ed up in the Middle East...
    "In the UK..."

Show me where Cruz said we should have employed Baathists to govern?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      You can't employ monsters to govern over people you are claiming to liberate.
      "Claiming to liberate". So you didn't liberate them, right? I like your posts so much. In your denial you actually tell the truth.

Besides, military commanders are not supposed to "govern" people. Well, i don't know how exactly USA governs it's colonies, maybe you indeed use military commanders as governors, who knows?

So what should have been done with them?? They were irreconcilable. What kind of job can a person who has ordered the beheading of a prostitute do? Garbage collector? The only place for them is in prison, or dead.
      That one is funny too. That's, like, exactly the point. A high-ranked Nazi is "reconcilable", after all he was taught only by Fascists and was Fascist himself, nothing big. A random officer taught by Communists (who isn't even a Communist himself) is "irreconcilable". And after that Democracies say that they're against Fascism...
      Knowledge is Power

Comment

Ellestar, those people are terrorists. They were terrorists for Saddam, and now they are terrorists for Islam. Take one moment to think.

Yes, we have done bad in the past, but why should we have done so again.

Comment

If you look back at the history you see that the police were governing, by murdering people. The Baathists would have done the sAme thing.

Comment

"In the UK..."

Show me where Cruz said we should have employed Baathists to govern?
            Isn't that what a democracy is supposed to do? Baathists should have had at least some support, so they should be represented in the gorernment and an army. Instead, you just banned their political party altogether. For a supposedly a "democracy", USA bans other political parties way too much. I still don't understand how can you be democracy if you have no communist party in elections. Where is a democracy in that, if you have only two democratic parties in elections? Where is the choice? And you just plain ban opposing political parties in your colonies, like you banned Ba'ath in Iraq or Communist party in Ukraine.

Ellestar, those people are terrorists. They were terrorists for Saddam, and now they are terrorists for Islam. Take one moment to think.

Yes, we have done bad in the past, but why should we have done so again.
            They're in ISIS because it's their only work and they want to pay USA back for the of their country. And they weren't terrorists before the occupation of Iraq. You can't just mark all your political opponents as terrorists. I'm sure some of them should have been dismissed or worse, but not all of them.
            Knowledge is Power

Comment

Originally posted by Ellestar View Post
              Isn't that what a democracy is supposed to do? Baathists should have had at least some support, so they should be represented in the gorernment and an army. Instead, you just banned their political party altogether. For a supposedly a "democracy", USA bans other political parties way too much. I still don't understand how can you be democracy if you have no communist party in elections. Where is a democracy in that, if you have only two democratic parties in elections? Where is the choice? And you just plain ban opposing political parties in your colonies, like you banned Ba'ath in Iraq or Communist party in Ukraine.
              Democracy isn't the end all be all. That's why we have a Bill of Rights in the US. Yes, it's important for people to be represented in government, but justice has to be maintained.

I don't like the two party system. I don't think many do. But it's what we have here. It seems hard to get rid of because of the establishment. That said, it's a totally different thing from allowing Baathists into positions of authority. Yes, communists can have positions of authority in the US, but not any who have committed crimes against humanity or anything like that.
              They're in ISIS because it's their only work and they want to pay USA back for the of their country. And they weren't terrorists before the occupation of Iraq. You can't just mark all your political opponents as terrorists. I'm sure some of them should have been dismissed or worse, but not all of them.
              So would you join the Nazi Party and start murdering communists because that's the only job available? That is the right thing to do?

Comment

So would you join the Nazi Party and start murdering communists because that's the only job available? That is the right thing to do?
                Communists? Why communists? I don't follow your logic.

In my case no. People from a different culture with a different upbringing may say yes. After all, ISIS is not only a job for them, it's also the only way for these people to pay back USA for conquering their country. Then again, money is enough of a reason for a lot of people in our world. It's not like you demonize your mercenaries (Blackwater, Academi, whatever other USA mercs), right? As long as they kill non-Westerners, of course. But they're effectively Nazi - for them it's ok to kill other people for money as long as they're not Westerners. Killing natives is totally fine for them. How are they different from German Nazi? And such job is not even illegal in USA.
                Knowledge is Power

Comment

Originally posted by Ellestar View Post
                  Communists? Why communists? I don't follow your logic.

In my case no. People from a different culture with a different upbringing may say yes. After all, ISIS is not only a job for them, it's also the only way for these people to pay back USA for conquering their country. Then again, money is enough of a reason for a lot of people in our world. It's not like you demonize your mercenaries (Blackwater, Academi, whatever other USA mercs), right? As long as they kill non-Westerners, of course. But they're effectively Nazi - for them it's ok to kill other people for money as long as they're not Westerners. Killing natives is totally fine for them. How are they different from German Nazi? And such job is not even illegal in USA.
                  Not many people in the US like Blackwater, or believe in hiring mercenaries. We made a lot of mistakes in Iraq (I mean our government made a lot of mistakes). That said, I can't imagine Americans agreeing with allowing the Baathists to maintain authority in Iraq? What did our sons go there to fight for? For the Baathists to stay in power? You have to remember, that in a democracy, the people have power. They have to approve, to some extent, in what you are doing.

How is ISIS paying back the US for conquering their country now? They are murdering and terrorizing Arabs and Kurds!

Comment

Working...
                  X