Obama admits failure of ISIS strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
    So what do you suggest? Send in the Ruskies?
    Idk, but do you know how many coalition casualties there were in the invasion of Iraq? 172. There were many casualties after the invasion thanks to these people mostly (and Al Qaeda. Why can't we go in there and kill all of these people? I suppose Assad would be in power after words in Syria, but we can't win every fight. But if we are going to fight ISIS, we should fight to win. We need to either finish this or stop losing and get out of there (bad idea to me).
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Dp

Comment

Comment

As a general rule, I think leaders speak in a manner fo "I failed to convey the message strongly enough to so and so, I made an error in my judgement to take it into account while closely workign with my colleagues and experts to..." Never "so and so failed".
          That is what a leader does. Fails to work his team or succeeds.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Soo HJillary thinks "WE" have a strategy to defeat ISIS?

Comment

Kidicious's strategy to defeat ISIS: put Muslim Americans in camps, nuke Syria from orbit

Comment

I thought it started with backstabbing NATO and allying with Russia to take out Turkey?

Comment

A military occupation of Syria and Iraq, like we previously did in Iraq, seems to be part of his plan to defeat ISIS.

Comment

You two sound like Hillary, lying and misleading people. What a horrible president she would make. I wonder if she will continue telling people that ISIS is using Donald Trump's proposals to recruit for ISIL. I don't think she will admit to lying.
                    Last edited by Kidlicious; December 20, 2015, 16:59.

Comment

she'll be a great president... she knows women are the real victims of war

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                          They also became operationally insignificant during Bush's watch, then operationally significant again, during Obama's watch. So, it's right to say that they were created during Obama's watch.
                          LOL
                          I like that logic

Your point is? They were defeated!!!! Those commanders were defeated!!!!!
                          They were defeated by a much superior firepower. On an even ground, former Iraq military commanders with a Soviet military education showed their superiority compared to their uneducated enemies. It's kinda obvious that in about even conditions, professionals will beat non-professionals. I have no idea why USA decided to get rid of the professionals in Iraq military, but we all see the results now, after ISIS picked them up.

Don't get it twisted. Mohamed did that.
                          Why not Allah then? Or maybe it's Martians. Nah, Jews. Of course it's must be Jews who are responsible for it. They even live somewhere near, that's an obvious proof of their involvement

Specifically, they were virtually destroyed during Bush's watch. Can Obama say that? Maybe Putin.
                          Yes, and Putin too. Who is Mohamed, anyway? I'm sure it's Putin who written a Coran so to create ISIS.
                          Knowledge is Power

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                            So what do you suggest? Send in the Ruskies?
                            Hey, you destroyed it, you keep it. Good luck with Ukraine, Afghanistan and Lybia as well by the way.
                            Knowledge is Power

Comment

Originally posted by Ellestar View Post
                              LOL
                              I like that logic

They were defeated by a much superior firepower. On an even ground, former Iraq military commanders with a Soviet military education showed their superiority compared to their uneducated enemies. It's kinda obvious that in about even conditions, professionals will beat non-professionals. I have no idea why USA decided to get rid of the professionals in Iraq military, but we all see the results now, after ISIS picked them up.

Why not Allah then? Or maybe it's Martians. Nah, Jews. Of course it's must be Jews who are responsible for it. They even live somewhere near, that's an obvious proof of their involvement

Yes, and Putin too. Who is Mohamed, anyway? I'm sure it's Putin who written a Coran so to create ISIS.
                              Do you have evidence that the old Iraqi commanders ever joined ISIS or AQI? How do you know they didn't become corrupt police or whatever? Don't just assume they joined ISIS.

Comment

here is a useful website where you can find answers to such questions
                                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                                X