No announcement yet.

Would you buy a tiny house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where I live the land alone will cost at least $1 million.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
      i wouldn't buy one to live in

but if there was good money in them, i'd certainly enter that market
      You would also have the satisfaction of taking money from naff people.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
        and where do you put the children? Tiny houses are the ultimate evidence of the infantalising of young adults.
        Co-sleeping? When they are older they can sleep on the floor or you can build an annex.
        Graffiti in a public toilet
        Do not require skill or wit
        Among the **** we all are poets
        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

my wife quite likes the idea; i think it's silly.
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

my wife too - they can be weird like that
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
              my wife quite likes the idea; i think it's silly.
              Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
              my wife too - they can be weird like that
              They don't like cleaning, do they?
              Graffiti in a public toilet
              Do not require skill or wit
              Among the **** we all are poets
              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

As we get older with no children left at home, we need less space. Not TINY, but yes less space.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                  They don't like cleaning, do they?
                  she says she doesn't, but she spends so much time doing it that she must.
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                    As we get older with no children left at home, we need less space. Not TINY, but yes less space.
                    yeah and no steps, on the flat ground, near the hospital, doctor and chemist. We'll probably go for something like this when we are older.

47 Temple Street, Stanmore NSW 2048 a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom house sold for $1,460,000 on 2015-11-23T10:50:08.51. View listing details #2012364661 on Domain

Comment

Yep. We bought a ranch, with a single step down to the garage that was converted to a family room. That one we can handle.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I thought prices were cheaper in the US?

Comment

Restaurant prices are lower... if you "forget" to leave a tip. The gasoline tax is lower, too.

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                            Restaurant prices are lower... if you "forget" to leave a tip. The gasoline tax is lower, too.
                            I'm pretty sure restaurant prices are cheaper even if you tip. The only thing cheaper in the UK is health care, but by quite a bit.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

How are you sure? I would assume that again, you just make this stuff up.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I would. As long as it is convenient and comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                                X