Would you buy a tiny house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you buy a tiny house?

Why not rent an apartment? Some of these tiny houses are running for a lot of money. Are they worth it?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

It's like a trailer park for hipsters.... so no.

Comment

They should be for the homeless. Hipsters are a serious problem

Comment

I live in Boise Idaho, so there's not much point to getting a tiny house - it's not like there's a space shortage. A 1400 sq ft apartment with attached garage runs about a grand a month.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I live in Kansas, about a half hour out of KCMO; I own a little Cape Cod on nine acres, and my fifteen year mortgage (about twelve years now) is about $1500/mo.

About what I paid in rent for an 800 sq ft apartment, sans parking, in northern New Jersey a decade ago.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I have a 240 sq m house that will be finished up next year ... all paid in cash for about the price of renting a one room apartment in a relatively cheap place to live in the US.

My main regret is it should have been smaller.

Comment

My largest house has 6 bedrooms, and 3 bathrooms, so take a wild guess.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                I live in Boise Idaho, so there's not much point to getting a tiny house - it's not like there's a space shortage. A 1400 sq ft apartment with attached garage runs about a grand a month.
                The tiny houses are selling for over a mil in some places.

Comment

Currently spend more than half my monthly income on a small bedroom. I'm apparently not very good at these decisions.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

when it comes time to replace the roof... tiny house rules.

Comment

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post
                      when it comes time to replace the roof... tiny house rules.

And, when it comes time to do the housework....... tiny house rules

Comment

But tiny houses suck for hide and seek, or when the in-laws are staying over. (But could be good to convince the in-laws not to stay over.)

Comment

and where do you put the children? Tiny houses are the ultimate evidence of the infantalising of young adults.
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

i wouldn't buy one to live in

but if there was good money in them, i'd certainly enter that market
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                              and where do you put the children? Tiny houses are the ultimate evidence of the infantalising of young adults.
                              ...children?
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X