We need to come up with some better words for describing specific prejudices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. The stars are the angels etc...
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

That's a very creative interpretation.

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
        That's a very co-creative interpretation.
        ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
          It's more important that you believe that you are created in the image of God. I don't need to believe on the evidence. But I'm trying to explain it to you.
          If it doesn't matter whether somebody believes that Satan was the serpent in the garden of eden then why would you act like a colossal douchebag when somebody disagrees with your interpretation of the bible?
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Comment

Is that a "obviously I just enjoy acting like a colossal douchebag" smilie?

Comment

Do you know what we need? We need words to describe those sick ****ers who rape goats.
                Last edited by Aeson; December 9, 2015, 21:04. Reason: removed image
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                  Do you know what we need? We need words to describe those sick ****ers who rape goats.
                  Hauldren Collider calls them "Palestinians".

Comment

Originally posted by Kid
                    44 zYou are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. aHe was a murderer from the beginning, and bdoes not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. cWhen he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
                    How was the devil a murderer from the beginning? I thought he was originally supposed to have been an angel?

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                      How was the devil a murderer from the beginning? I thought he was originally supposed to have been an angel?
                      I'm not sure if the Pharisees knew that. Anyway, they knew what he was talking about.

Comment

The Pharisees were experts on the old testament. How is it that you, who are barely literate, would know something about the old testament that they did not?

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                          The Pharisees were experts on the old testament. How is it that you, who are barely literate, would know something about the old testament that they did not?
                          The Pharisees were experts on the Torah and The Law. The OT is Christian scripture. There's overlap, but Jewish beliefs are different than Christian beliefs, even for the same scriptures.

Comment

The Pharisees didn't have access to a book that talks about an ancient snake with ten heads and seven crowns.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                              The Pharisees were experts on the Torah and The Law. The OT is Christian scripture. There's overlap, but Jewish beliefs are different than Christian beliefs, even for the same scriptures.
                              So Satan became an angel after Christianity diverged from Judaism? What was he prior to that?

It makes sense for the Jews and Christians to have different beliefs about Jesus and the things that came after, but why wouldn't they have the same belief that Satan was an angel if Satan has been around since the beginning of mortal time? Around 100AD did God say to the Christians "oh by the way, that Satan guy? He used to be an angel"?
                              Last edited by loinburger; December 10, 2015, 16:48.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                                So Satan became an angel after Christianity diverged from Judaism? What was he prior to that?
                                Books like Isaiah were not considered by all to be the Word of God. Jesus quotes Isaiah though, so Christans consider Isaiah the Word of God.

I'm not an expert on this stuff, and I don't need to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X