No announcement yet.

Can Pol: Federal Election 2015. Yes, We're Still Here Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lord Black of some cesspool over the pond says Stephen Harper has to go. Calls him a sadistic Victorian schoolmaster. Can't say I disagree entirely. The article is pretty much bereft of economic arguments. The Tories have been very good to great on that topic, but as it turns out it isn't the economy, stupid.

Read the latest breaking news in Canada and the rest of the world. We bring all of today's top headlines and stories to your fingertips.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

And yes, the circus continues...

Harper turns to the drug addicted former mayor of Toronto for a last minute grasp at Toronto area seats, and it is not well received by conservative media.

Chris Selley: Desperate Conservatives embrace the Fords, humiliate themselves
      Read the latest breaking news in Canada and the rest of the world. We bring all of today's top headlines and stories to your fingertips.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

This hasn't been a normal election. In a normal election the economy figures a bit more. We've never had an heir apparent either.

Seems it's all new ground and we'll see soon if pollsters retain any credibility. Odds are 60-40
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)

Comment

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/10/16...d-be-future-pm

Justin Trudeau hadn't even been weaned when a sitting United States president first predicted he'd one day become Canada's political leader.

"Tonight we'll dispense with the formalities. I'd like to toast the future prime minister of Canada: to Justin Pierre Trudeau," Richard Nixon said at a gala buffet in April 1972 during a state visit to Ottawa when Trudeau was just four months old.
          Will Canada make Richard M. Nixon a liar? We will know in 24 hours!
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Howdy strangers. Been a long time since I have visited these parts.

My weirdest election moment so far was a bike ride through North Saanich, Elizabeth May’s riding. She is very popular there.

North Saanich is an economically advantaged area. Felt odd going by these multimillion dollar homes with multi-car garages with big signs supporting the Greens on the front lawn.

Comment

Hey Fred, what's up? How's life treating you? I haven't been so regular myself, but figured I had to come by for an election.

Yeah, that disconnect between words and deeds sticks out a bit, doesn't it?
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

Todays the day

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

So, is Harper going down or what?
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Last polling has Trudeau at +6 on average. Looks bleak for Harper.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Liberals are romping in Atlantic, currently leading or have won 32 of the 32 seats reporting results. Looks like a bloodbath in the making.

EDIT: CBC already has called the election, projecting Trudeau as next PM. Now it's just a question of margin.
                      Last edited by Boris Godunov; October 19, 2015, 21:45.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

There is only one office that matters.
                        Putin pay money for truth, make song from ADHD. This his story, now drinking vodka and have celebrate. Is definitely not gay.Subscribe now for more Animation...

Comment

I suspect not many will be happy about this in 6 months or 3 years. The Liberals are winning on bribes for everyone on the national credit card. Harper should have won hands down, just he's so off putting to most people including many Conservatives.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

It appears the libs are winning.

Comment

I believe Boris posted something to that effect 3 hours ago.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

I really miss Mike Duffy. He used to send me e-mails and snail-mail. Harper called on the Fords, why didn't he call Duffy?
                                Yes. I'm sure the Libs will have corruption eventually.

And RMN was right!
                                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                                X