Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What 2015 movies have you seen this year and how have you seen them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You left out Prometheus.

I haven't seen The Martian, so can't comment.

Gravity had some serious physics errors, but the plotline was just your typical car chase type of movie, I wasn't overly impressed with it.

Interstellar I will have to disagree with you. The whole point, really, was to question our perception of what is real. So given that, how did it fail in terms of plotlines?

Edit: I've never heard of Oblivion! Excuse me, I'm off to learn something...

Edit 2: Oh of course, Oblivion, I did watch it. I thought it was great! The best thing since Groundhog Day

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
      You left out Prometheus.
      yes

(I need to do a better job articulating my specific complaints)
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
        Gravity had some serious physics errors, but the plotline was just your typical car chase type of movie, I wasn't overly impressed with it.

Interstellar I will have to disagree with you. The whole point, really, was to question our perception of what is real. So given that, how did it fail in terms of plotlines?

The whole Millers Planet landing was full of errors in terms of physics.
        Especially with regards to time dilation and orbital physics.

Which was a bummer IMHO, considering that they did so much work in order to create a plausible black hole ...
        with an accuracy that surprised even astrophyicists
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

In Gravity in 3D when the debris darted towards you, everyone kind of ducked a bit

Comment

Since breaking up with my long-term partner a couple of years ago, my cinema going has tailed off massively!

This year I think I've seen (all at the cinema):

Jurassic World (Vue Cinema)
            Mad Max: Fury Road (Vue Cinema)
            Antman (Vue Cinema)

I really enjoyed Antman. Finally a well thought out and decent Marvel movie.

Mad Max was meh. I allowed myself to get hyped on that one, when it was basically a linear there and back again chase movie (I know, I know!), with stupidly suicidal protagonists and outrageously unrealistic and stupid action scenes. Visually stunning though.

Jurassic World sucked big huge donkey balls. Technically worse than Jurassic Park - worse than Jurassic Park all round, which it kept referencing so much that there was no point making it. It was like an inbred idiot brother remake - with bigger teeth. Basically they reamed stupid cinema goers (I was one of them) for their cash and laughed at them.

We just don't really do the cinema much these days, which is weird as it's only a 10 minute walk away and only costs £4.

I will be seeing James Bond and Star Wars. I think. But then I couldn't be arsed watching Mission Impossible.

Comment

Oh yah, Antman was awesome

Comment

Saw The Martian this past Sunday. Very good. Beautiful imagery. Fun characters. Terrific, sciencey action. Yeah, obviously, there are some errors in there, but I agree with the sentiment that we need to present science as a tool used by regular people to do cool stuff. A little cheesy at points. And the manner in which Matt Damon is put in his predicament is a little too convenient.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The book was even greater because it explained you how everything was being done.
                  And the fact that some NASA engineer self published it through google or something?

his weakness shows in character development (but that's not why you bought the book) but he shines in all that science stuff

Comment

I fully intend to see The Martian. Been meaning to for the last couple of weeks.

Comment

The Martian is in my to read pile. I'll probably just netflix that one once I read the book.

Daughter is really wanting to go see Jem and the Holograms...
                      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Ask me next year when they're all free on Cable.

I only went to one movie this year just to go to one with my daughter. (so yes, I won't be listing which one )
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by korn469 View Post
                          Here's my list, for the record I do have a family that have exerted influence my movie selection. What about you?

An Honest Liar (Netflix)
                          Avengers: Age of Ultron (Theater)
                          Chappie (Redbox)
                          Fifty Shades of Grey (Digital purchase)
                          Furious 7 (Drive-in)
                          Home (Drive-in)
                          Hot Pursuit (Redbox)
                          Inside Out (Theater/Drive-in)
                          Insidious Chapter 3 (Drive-in)
                          Jurassic World (Drive-in)
                          Mad Max: Fury Road (IMAX, Theater x 2, digital purchase)
                          Minions (Drive-in)
                          Pitch Perfect 2 (Drive-in)
                          Sinister 2 (Drive-in)
                          The Boy Next Door (Redbox)
                          The Martian (Theater)
                          The Wedding Ringer (Redbox)
                          The Woman in Black 2 (Netflix)
                          Unfriended (Drive-in)

What? No Terminator Genesis?
                          Though new Mad Max was awesome, way more better than reincarnation of T-800.

But, Arnie -FOREVER!!!

Comment

arnold hates communists
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                              I saw the martian and was really good.
                              Ok. I guess I'll see it this weekend. Was about to see it during the last weekend, but the red doesn't like sci-fi. Though I've tortured her with Gravitation once. I think I 'm gonna break-up with her soon. Really, Paik, we have nothing in common except the thing which both of us like.

Comment

Originally posted by no one, ever
                                I'm going to see that awesome new Russian movie
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X