Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
    What are you talking about now?
    Some people thought the police and school district were going to get sued.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• There's still time.

Or the family decided to not put the kid through anything else and focus on the opportunities that were offered him instead.
      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• Originally posted by FlameFlash View Post
        There's still time.

Or the family decided to not put the kid through anything else and focus on the opportunities that were offered him instead.
        They have already contacted a lawyer. The lawyer told them maybe they can sue if someone said he was a member of a terrorist organization. So they are trying to sue. They can't.

Comment

• Meh, that's just one lawyer. I'm sure there will be others.

And the law they should be pursuing to sue them under is questioning a minor and denying him protection of a lawyer or parents during said questioning.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlameFlash View Post
            Meh, that's just one lawyer. I'm sure there will be others.

And the law they should be pursuing to sue them under is questioning a minor and denying him protection of a lawyer or parents during said questioning.
            Obviously that's not happening, because they police and school district did everything by the book, except possibly said that he was a member of a terrorist organization. The boy might have said that. Who know if it's true, because the interrogation details have not been released.

Comment

• Yep, he did a thing. Yep, it looked maybe dangerous. Yep, the school did something about it.
              The kid will probably get a free ride to college (or partial ride, or whatever) out of the deal. Mission accomplished.

Old news. Jeez, let it go.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Since there was about 5 people here (to my memory) that insisted to strongly that the police and school district were in the wrong I bring it up again. I don't know any other way to make people question the way they think. Trying to reason with people seems to most often fail.

Comment

• Kid, they didn't do everything by the book.

I just pointed out their most blatant error: they questioned him without parental notification or permission.

Comment

• They don't need that. What will it take for you to see that?

Comment

Working...
                    X