No announcement yet.

Getting a better job...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really can't get over how far Alby has come. I remember when he was a kid growing up in a tough neighbourhood in Philly with his Mom.

You should be very proud of those achievements. I'm sure your Mom is.

The best way to get a better job in NY is to move to NY I suspect if you haven't already done so. You might consider fringe financial service areas like insurance. They are always hiring. You can build a contact network from there and maybe move across - they are always working with fund managers.

The back office jobs may suit you accountancy qualifications. They are less in demand but maybe get you through the door to the big firms. It is not my country so listen to Dinner, Ming and Rah and people who know.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Software makes good money if you are able to teach yourself things. I make 6 figures doing it right now. We are a very self taught industry and there are very few good developers out there. You don't need a degree for it either really, but you can always grab an IT degree like I did at wgu.edu for cheap.

Comment

Drink snacks!

Comment

Drink snacks is back!!!!

Comment

you are never going to get anywhere in life if you have to beg for a job/money

getting dressed up in a monkey suit and handing some incompetent boomer your little show and tell report is begging
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Move out into the wilderness and live off the land, no more begging for money

Comment

or, one could produce something of value

or possess a valuable skill

but such skills are only valuable if employers solicit you

i'm not trying to **** on anyone's life (at the moment), so don't take it so personally
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
                  Drink snacks!
                  What are drink snacks?
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                    What are drink snacks?
                    Who not what! Look he posted above! It's drink snacks, back from the dead!

Comment

Ok, you are calling Albert drink snacks. What does that mean? It is certainly not a phrase used in the US.

Comment

It's nothing to do with Albie..

Comment

WTF, Oerdin. Seriously?
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Ok, he is calling me drink snacks. I still don't know what the **** it means.

Comment

Hint: Post #32
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Oh, drixnak. Ok, I get it now. I had no idea what he was talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X