Advice needed from people who know cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah View Post
    I leave higher than the average for both the mail carrier and the garbage men.

My neighbors always wonder why their empty cans get blown around the neighborhood and mine have been returned to behind my house.
    I swear I could put a container marked radioactive out there and they'd take it, no questions asked.

Lemme see if I get this right - you have to bribe your garbage collectors to do their work ?
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

No, I reward them for doing exceptional/extra work. Our driveway is over 100 feet long. Their responsibility is to just empty the prescribed receptacles that you put out. For us after they do that and then the guy gets out of the truck and brings both of them around to the back of the house and puts them where I store them on none pickup days. They don't get out of the truck for our neighbors so if the can tips over when the lift puts it down, the wind is likely to blow it down the street.

There are also restrictions on what you can put out there for pickup without a special order for pickup like construction leftovers, big couches, etc. They have never not picked up something that I've put out there. For others they just will leave it.

The extra service they provide is worth considerably more to me then what I actually tip them.

For the mailman, he doesn't do quite that much extra, but if he sees the garage door open and a car in there, he'll deliver the mail to our front door and ring and hand it to us instead of just leaving it in the box at the curb. Its a nice touch.

And really, the garbageman don't have a great job so I like to reward them regardless.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Rah
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

The funny thing is when my neighbor asked me once why I was "SPECIAL" when he saw the guys bringing the can back behind the house, I just asked him, do you tip them at Christmas and he replied what he gave them, and I just said, obviously not enough and started chuckling.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ok, that makes lots of sense
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Tony Soprano
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                I remember once I stayed at his house overnight, and saw one such offering in the morning. It was totally disgusting, there were bird brains all over the stairs.
                We had a cat named "Missy" when I was a kid. She was a prolific huntress, she'd leave offerings of dead mice and birds on the front door mat almost daily. My parents decided to curb her blood lust by putting a bell around her neck. As she trotted around the house and yard we'd hear her bell tinkling so I suggested we change her name to "Missy Tinkerbell". ( I was four.) The daily offerings stopped. After a few weeks though we no longer heard her bell as she mover around and the offerings resumed even more frequently. The bell was still there, she just learned how to walk, run and even pounce without making it ring. We had given her a friggin' feline ninja training tool.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                  We had given her a friggin' feline ninja training tool.
                  Well that's pretty cool.
                  To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

Once all of you recognize, and accept, that cats rule the world already, and that their dominance will only increase, you'll be able to sleep more soundly.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                      No, the worst part about cats is when they get a piece of buwad and then decide to hide it under your bed, causing the mosquito net, your sheets, and blankets to smell like buwad.
                      That doesn't sound good but I would place mental illness and mind controlling paracites slightly higher.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                        Toxoplasmosis
                        You saw Train Spotting, I see.
                        Last edited by Dinner; August 9, 2015, 01:13.

Comment

Fish,

Our first cat was an outdoor cat originally so she brought home all sort of hunting trophys to present us. (mostly after she was through picking them apart some)
                          She'd drop it at your feet in the living room and sit there and wait to be praised for her skill and bringing you something to snack on.
                          That cat would make a good mother. Bring home food.

Comment

It's a sign of respect.
                            He is thinking of you and bringing some to share. He loves you so much he is trying to feed you.

Comment

BTW I don't pay my garbage man or mail man **** and if **** isn't right I will not hesitate to complain to the help line about them. Stuff gets done right and it doesn't cost me extra. I find this very agreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                                Once all of you recognize, and accept, that cats rule the world already, and that their dominance will only increase, you'll be able to sleep more soundly.
                                There is some truth to this - I just saw the black cat outside and my first thought when she came over was "must feed cat".
                                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X