Advice needed from people who know cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed from people who know cats

I accidentally trod on the little paw of Romulus, one of the stray cats that has adopted me.

He was pretty upset, more shock - I was wearing soft soled thongs. He is always getting under my feet. He likes to rub his musk on my toes.

He yelped, jumped away, stopped a few feet away, gave me a look and ran.

Ridiculously, I was saying sorry in English, which cats don't speak He may have thought I was scolding him. Stupid of me. It was dark out.

How do I make friends again? It took me a long time to befriend him
    Last edited by Alexander's Horse; July 31, 2015, 06:47.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Offer him a treat next time you see him... then if he lets you give him a few pets. Cats are pretty forgiving from my experiences.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Food. Give it food.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

thanks guys
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Fortunately Cats have a short memory. Food and attention works almost every time.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If it was a dog I wouldn't worry - they tend to blame themselves

Comment

This too shall pass.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I recommend ethylene glycol
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

He hasn't come back yet. Teaching me a lesson I guess

Comment

Rommy came back at dusk, milk time of course...

He ran up with his usual excitement, arched his back on my leg and let me pat him. Then he seemed to remember what happened and suddenly hung back. He went and ran whizzing around the garden climbing trees, crouching and pouncing on things in what looked like a display of male bravado, watching me carefully.

Then he went up a dwarf coconut tree really fast and sort of got stuck spread eagled up there for a minute or two which made me laugh, typical male showing off.

Meanwhile his sister Remmy came up and drank all the milk. He usually muscles her out. So I got him a second bowl.

I think we are fine, but it will take a while. His paw seems to be okay.

Hey thanks for the advice
                    Last edited by Alexander's Horse; August 1, 2015, 05:04.

Comment

Cats have like a 10 second short term memory
                      Don't make a habit of it and the cats will forgive/forget. Do it enough times and the cat will associate you and the scenario as pain inducing and will avoid the situation as a rule following enough occurrences.

Just say you're sorry and give lots of affection.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm starting realise why folk like cats.

Comment

Parasitic mind control?
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Nope, extreme cuteness.

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                              Parasitic mind control?
                              That is the worst part about cats!
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X