Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Muslims rally to help US Black Christians from the concerted onslaught of US White Terrorism against them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I for one was offended that your post didn't contain any dickgirls - you might as well shout to the world "hey everybody, I'm a dickgirlacist"
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
      As I said, that was tongue-in-cheek.
      Ok sorry, missed that part.

Comment

I, for my part, forgot that the people on the internet cannot actually hear a dry tone of voice, chuckles, etc. when I am typing plain text.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

You realize we do have smilies on this forum, right?
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
            You realize we do have smilies on this forum, right?
            Yeah, I'm trying to find one on the list that conveys "I do not own a pointy white hood." Probably better if I just avoid controversial subjects entirely.
            1011 1100

Comment

I love this thrade, you guise.
              Order of the Fly
              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Probably better if I just avoid controversial subjects entirely.
                Nah, that's the boring way out
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Yeah, I'm trying to find one on the list that conveys "I do not own a pointy white hood." Probably better if I just avoid controversial subjects entirely.

Comment

No, if I'd posted tin-foil hat it'd sound like I was calling black people paranoid or something. Also, the boring way out is when you drill a hole in the wall to escape.
                    1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post
                      Bulldust. Elok did not make a racist comment. He was describing something he was, that is all.
                      He made a racist comment in that Black churches are not inclusive. It was one thing to say, "I saw a lot of signs promoting churches with pictures of a black couple on the way to Florida. Anyone know who they are? Are they famous in the area?" Instead he said, to his wife, "those churches must only want black people, because that couple is black. Cracker! Honker! Wonk! Wonk! Wonk!"

If he wants to pass it off as an ill-placed joke, that's his choice. Hopefully, he'll consider what made his so quickly come to that conclusion and the need to present it here with so little context outside of "look at the crazy thing I saw black people do."
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Elok is clearly a Ben Kenobi DL

Comment

This thrade fell pretty far down the page so I am putting a poast in it to raise it to the top again lol.
                          Order of the Fly

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                            I don't mean this as some kind of 'OMG HUNT DOWN TEH RACIST!' thing, but what he said was describing a racist response to a situation. Hell, I'm sure every one of us has had one at some point however unwillingly, but that doesn't change what it was. He basically jumped to the conclusion that black churches having a picture of their pastor outside was an unspoken way of saying that whites weren't welcome there.

Not that the black church community have an unusually personality focused approach to church publicity. Not that black churches maybe like to display that they're largely black churches to encourage other African Americans to feel comfortable visiting them. No, his immediate feeling was that it was ward off white people.
                            I see where you are coming from. However, I do not regard Elok as a racist and interpreted his post accordingly. I do not believe that Elok had any racist intentions.

Perhaps the post could have been worded better, but none of us are perfect wordsmiths.

Comment

I wonder if Elok is banned yet?
                              Order of the Fly

Comment

I want Elok to get banned so bad, you guise.
                                Order of the Fly

Comment

Working...
                                X