X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
    You aren't doing yourself any favors.
    ???

Not sure what you mean here. Are you just saying that you are unwilling to consider the deeper propblems and want just a symptomatic fix because that supports your simpleton positions?

That would certainly be "one of the two" now wouldn't it?
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO View Post
      ???

Not sure what you mean here. Are you just saying that you are unwilling to consider the deeper propblems and want just a symptomatic fix because that supports your simpleton positions?

That would certainly be "one of the two" now wouldn't it?
      I mean, you are neither willing or able, seemingly, to understand this problem. Most people reading your posts will understand this. Sorry for not being more clear.

Your "solutions" are hilariously naive.

Each post, you dig yourself deeper.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• The leader of a white supremacist group that apparently influenced Dylann Roof, the suspect in the killing of nine African-Americans in a Charleston, S.C., church last week, has donated tens of thousands of dollars to Republican campaigns, including those of 2016 presidential contenders such as Ted Cruz, Rick Santorum and Rand Paul, records show.

Mr. Cruz, a Texas senator, said Sunday night that he would be returning about $8,500 in donations that he had received from the Texas donor, Earl Holt III, who lists himself as president of the Council of Conservative Citizens.

“We just learned this evening that Mr. Holt had contributed to the campaign,” a spokesman for the Cruz campaign said in an email to The New York Times. “We will be immediately refunding all those donations.”

Mr. Paul’s campaign said it planned to send $2,250 received from Mr. Holt to a victims’ fund set up in the wake of the shooting.

“RandPAC is donating the funds to the Mother Emanuel Hope Fund to assist the victims families,” said Sergio Gor, a spokesman for the campaign. Mr. Holt made four separate donations to the Paul campaign last year, records show. The campaign could not confirm the total received but said that all the money it identified from the white supremacist leader would be donated to the fund.

The Guardian first reported on Mr. Holt’s donations to the Republican contenders.

A manifesto that appeared on a website registered to Mr. Roof said that the manifesto’s author had first learned of “brutal black-on-white murders” from the Council of Conservative Citizens’ website.

Mr. Holt, in a statement posted online in his name, said he was not surprised to learn that Mr. Roof had found out about “black-on-white violent crime” from his group because, he said, it was one of the few that had the courage to disclose “the seemingly endless incidents involving black-on-white murder.” But he said his group does not advocate violence and should not be held responsible for the shootings.

The group is regarded by the Southern Poverty Law Center, a leading authority on hate crimes, as a white supremacist extremist organization that opposes “race mixing” as a religious affront and that vilifies blacks as an inferior race.

Spokesmen for Mr. Santorum, a former Pennsylvania senator, and Mr. Paul, a senator from Kentucky, did not respond to requests for comment on the donations.

Mr. Holt, who identified himself in some donation records as a Texas “slumlord,” has also given money to a number of other current and former Republican members of Congress, including Senator Jeff Flake of Arizona, Senator Rob Portman of Ohio, former Representative Michele Bachmann of Minnesota, Representative Steve King of Iowa, and former Representative Todd Akin of Missouri.

The campaigns of Ted Cruz, Rick Santorum and Rand Paul received donations from the leader of the white supremacist group tied to Dylann Roof, the suspect of the church shooting in Charleston, S.C.

Food for thought.

Cause. Effect. That sort of thing.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• ok so we're talking numbers here. he killed nine I believe with a handgun.

lets say he killed two or three with a knife. is it less bad - is the evil somehow not as evil? is 3 dead ok? or do we need the same controls for a knife too as some want for guns?

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO View Post
            No...The problem is racism. Not racially motivated shootings. If there was no racism, then this topic would not exist.

Quit trying to make the racial problem a gun problem.
            Getting Americans to give up being racist *******s is probably as hopeless as getting Americans to give up their guns.

Comment

• Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post
              ok so we're talking numbers here. he killed nine I believe with a handgun.

lets say he killed two or three with a knife. is it less bad - is the evil somehow not as evil? is 3 dead ok? or do we need the same controls for a knife too as some want for guns?
              less people being killed is, in fact, the policy goal here

good job on keeping up with the discussion
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• killing less (or zero) people is, in fact, the policy goal here, I can agree with that. that would be nice.

so we need controls on forks too. oh and yeah, like I'm the first to get off the topic on a thread. i'll just take that as - you're right MWHC.

I know I am but thanks anyway

Comment

• but just for fun lets say you're right too. all guns are banned... no one has one anymore.

the first mass stabbing in a school - what than? ban? or something else?

Comment

• yes, in Europe people get robbed with forks

Comment

• Giblets, it's time to bring it back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gayislamic-christiancommunazisatan.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	9101699

You know you want to.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• ok, i'll ask again... no more guns anywhere...

the first mass stabbing in a school - what than? ban knives? or something else?

Comment

• Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post
                          ok, i'll ask again... no more guns anywhere...

the first mass stabbing in a school - what than? ban knives? or something else?
                          When someone manages to kill twenty people in a knifing spree, I will give you my answer.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• thanks sava. I thought so

see... it's not as easy as Obama makes it.

Comment

• I know. It isn't easy to come up with a solution to every hair brained scenario some alcoholic's addled brain thinks up.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• OR to come up with solution to every crazy person who has his mind set that he's going to hurt as many as possible.

no matter what their weapon of choice is.

how come no one noticed his postings on line? burning the flag? pictures with guns? looking crazy? they find all this pics just a day after something bad happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X