Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you believed God was telling you to kill your family, would you do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you believed God was telling you to kill your family, would you do it?

Yes, I would obey God
    11.76%
    No, I would eat a banana and then go see a therapist.
    88.24%

The poll is expired.

Abraham was a terrible father.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

It's very unlikely that anyone can accurately answer this question for themselves. That said, if I believed God was telling me to do so, I would (because I believe a hypothetically omnipotent god would be able to define morality). However, I have trouble imagining a scenario in which I could come to believe that a voice in my head/hallucination was actually coming from a legitimate, omnipotent, morality-defining god.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

There's an intelligent discussion to be had about this. Unfortunately gribbler is a moron.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

That's a difficult question. Presumably something nasty would happen to me if I disobeyed, e.g. I'd be tortured for all eternity. Would I do something that is unquestionably evil in order to appease an evil god who could have me tortured for all eternity? Maybe. On the one hand, I don't want to be tortured for all eternity; but on the other hand, if I'm dealing with an evil god then odds are I'm going to be tortured for all eternity anyway, so I'd prefer to be tortured with a relatively clear conscience.
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Comment

No. Any god who wants me to kill my family isn't a god I'm willing to obey.
              Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

I'd start a final fantasy esque war against the heavens. I'll pull together a team of poorly dressed teenagers, we'll develop magical powers, and fight a global conspiracy that involves corporations and some vague analogue of the Catholic Church, bandits and random wildlife along the way while learning about the power of friendship and teamwork and discovering the real people deep within ourselves.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                  There's an intelligent discussion to be had about this. Unfortunately gribbler is a moron.
                  Calling people morons doesn't sound very Christian.
                  Originally posted by Matthew 5:22
                  But I say to you that every one who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother shall be liable to the council, and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be liable to the hell of fire.

Comment

Sorry, there's a foolproof defense to being called out on acting un-Biblically
                    Originally posted by The Bible (or The Merchant of Venice or some other book I haven't read)
                    The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.

Comment

So would this mean God (our Father) was suicidal?

Comment

The good Lord did command me to spam this thrade.

I therefore, in obedience to my lord, spam this thrade with this poast.

His will shall be done on OT as it is in heaven.

Comment

as I don't worshiP YHWH, I would tell him to kiss my Lilly-white ass.

You see, I worshiP the LORD OF THE FLIES... and I would tell him to kiss my Lilly-white ass. Then we would have a feast and fornicKate with attracKtive women for a while.
                          Order of the Fly
                          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                            Calling people morons doesn't sound very Christian.
                            It's ok if the person is really bad.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Judge not, that ye be not judged.
                              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                              X