Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you believed God was telling you to kill your family, would you do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
    What term do man-lovers use when they abandon their offspring?
    Men
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

So, if a guy abandons his offspring, you can say 'That guy men'?
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
        So, if a guy abandons his offspring, you can say 'That guy men'?
        MeUn

Comment

Read the bible

Comment

"The lord told me to do it", said the man up in the tower with the high powered rifle.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
              "The lord told me to do it", said the man up in the tower with the high powered rifle.
              How was he supposed to know his messages from God were delusions...?

Comment

Pascal's wager. It's better to go to jail then risk an eternity in hell for disobeying God.

Comment

Your microaggression causes me trauma.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                    How would you define supply side eocnomics?
                    I'm not in a position to offer such things. Other do that. I can provide resources if you need.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                      I only played halfway through 10, and 8 of that list. For 8, I agree (oh how I hated Rinoa), but for 10, Lulu had magickzses. Although I found Rikku more fun.
                      I never actually played 10, but the guy next door my freshman year of college did a lot, and I noticed that he tended to use Yuna a whole lot more. In general, black magic and/or black mages tended to be less than useful in the early FFs. There was always a red mage or a summoner or something else to make them obsolete.

For 8, I was thinking of Selphie, the only one with any curves--basically a crap version of the nerdy Quistis, who ruled. Rinoa was almost as bad, until the very late game, and then only if you knew certain tricks.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                        Sorry, drawing a blank on overly-harsh comebacks right now.

Sudden, irrelevant realization: in any given JRPG, there is a direct inverse relationship between the sexualization of a female character and her utility in combat. If she's got a big rack and eye shadow, she'll be gathering dust at level 10 for most of the game. If she looks like a nine-year-old girl (or is repulsive), she'll slaughter thousands. This holds true for Final Fantasies 7-10, Wild Arms II, Star Ocean II, Seiken Densetsu 3, Tales of Phantasia, Tales of Symphonia . . . I haven't played anything recent, and most pre-PS1 games didn't sexualize, but it seems like a solid trend.
                        Except Sheena is really good in Tales of Symphonia, and Judith is pretty good in Vesperia, and Milla is the best character by far in Xillia.

Also, Yuna's the most powerful character in FFX. If you give her a friend sphere and send her over to Lulu's area on the sphere grid, she learns black mage spells. She's got much higher speed and magic than Lulu, and puts out a ridiculous amount of damage. You can have Rikku use Al Bhed potions and basically play healer, while Tidus casts Haste and then you can basically rape anything.

I have no idea how I remember this given that I haven't played FFX since I think middle school...

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the rule holds really well for Vesperia, since Rita, who is flat as a board, is completely ****ing broken, while Judith, who is quite good, simply isn't good enough to justify a spot generally.
                        Last edited by Hauldren Collider; May 7, 2015, 15:20.
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                          I never actually played 10, but the guy next door my freshman year of college did a lot, and I noticed that he tended to use Yuna a whole lot more. In general, black magic and/or black mages tended to be less than useful in the early FFs. There was always a red mage or a summoner or something else to make them obsolete.

For 8, I was thinking of Selphie, the only one with any curves--basically a crap version of the nerdy Quistis, who ruled. Rinoa was almost as bad, until the very late game, and then only if you knew certain tricks.
                          Yeah, I was thinking of abusing Angelo.

Ugh. Selphie was annoying.

In X, at least as long as I played (until some big fight with Sin, from aboard the airship IIRC, just after that my memory card stopped working, and I didn't start playing again... I wonder, is there a good PS2 emu going around? I must still have he disk around...) I tried to level up everyone as evenly as possible, so I used them all.
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                            I have no idea how I remember this given that I haven't played FFX since I think middle school...
                            Somehow, I remember the statblocks of whole codexes of armies from Warhammer 40k across multiple editions. I haven't played the game in... approaching 10 years.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              Somehow, I remember the statblocks of whole codexes of armies from Warhammer 40k across multiple editions. I haven't played the game in... approaching 10 years.
                              Thats a nerdbrain.
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Not familiar with that. Is it one of the new Tyranids in the 6th edition codex?
                                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X