No announcement yet.

I need to look older

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow... I think I've had the opposite problem since I was 16... I remember in college, as a freshman and 18, I was being asked where I transferred from and have I checked out the local bars yet rather than being carded.

Now? Now I have touch of grey at my temples approaching Mr. Fantastic levels probably in another couple years and of course my overproduction of testosterone leaves me lacking much hair up top but could compete with Duck Dynasty if I really wanted to wear a beard that long...

Appreciate the baby face. It will be gone eventually.

And if you want to do age yourself, go tan.
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Just start dating older-looking women.
      Case solved. The invoice is in the mail.
      Next case please.
      To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
        I think you should grow a neckbeard and buy yourself a fedora to look older. Or just relax.

I was buying a bottle of liquor for my MiL and the cashier refused to sell it to me without an ID until a bag boy recognised me and told her I have a wife and a kid. And I don't look like Twiggy.
        They check age when alcohol is purchased in Russia?!

Get out of town!!

Awhile ago I was doing a ROTC physical on an 18 year old girl. There's a question about alcohol use, she stated she quit drinking 5 years ago. I remarked that she would have been about 12 or 13 at the time, and she said "yes, that's about right". Then I asked her how long she had been drinking, she guessed "about 2 or 3 years". When I asked how much and how often she said "only social drinking with friends, maybe a couple bottles a night." So I asked "beer"? She replied, "no, vodka." So I asked her if she was from around here and she admitted that she was adopted from Russia and "everyone does it, but I completely quit when I came to America, really I did."
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          1. At the airport: "You don't need to show your ID because you're under 16"
          2. Getting a haircut: "Now, you're still in high school right?"
          3. Buying something at best buy: "We have a special offer right n--wait you're probably not old enough to qualify for our credit card"*
          4. At the ice skating rink: Cashier assumes I am under 18 and gives me the discount automatically

I'm 22 for the love of god. I graduate from college in May. What do I do?

*I don't want their stupid credit card anyway but that isn't the point here
          Wear a pin-striped blue suit with a high buttoned collar, a bow tie and a straw boater hat.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I was getting carded consistently until I was in my mid 30s, and trust me, it's a gift. Dressing more like a grownup is a good idea, but I encourage you to embrace your youthful appearance with grace and good humor. The benefits FAR outweigh the negatives.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yeah I got carded the other day. Weird
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post

Get out of town!!

Awhile ago I was doing a ROTC physical on an 18 year old girl. There's a question about alcohol use, she stated she quit drinking 5 years ago. I remarked that she would have been about 12 or 13 at the time, and she said "yes, that's about right". Then I asked her how long she had been drinking, she guessed "about 2 or 3 years". When I asked how much and how often she said "only social drinking with friends, maybe a couple bottles a night." So I asked "beer"? She replied, "no, vodka." So I asked her if she was from around here and she admitted that she was adopted from Russia and "everyone does it, but I completely quit when I came to America, really I did."
                That's quite a story doc. Holy cow.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post

Get out of town!!

Considering my experiences in L´viv (well, Ukraine, but same culture) I cannot doubt the truth of this posting.
                  We were there as a delegation of our archery club from germany and in the first night of our arrival we had a welcome party with our hosts.
                  Needless to say that the vodka was served in the same amounts as water elsewhere.
                  On the next morning at least half of our group was ... very very unwell, for understandable reasons ... while our hosts were fresh as a daisy ... as if they hadn´t drunken much more vodka than ourselves, but instead just water
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                    I was getting carded consistently until I was in my mid 30s, and trust me, it's a gift. Dressing more like a grownup is a good idea, but I encourage you to embrace your youthful appearance with grace and good humor. The benefits FAR outweigh the negatives.
                    I disagree.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

change your hair, like this:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	QQ??20150407161532.png
Views:	1
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	9101577
                      lol, just kidding

Comment

1. At the airport: "You don't need to show your ID because you're under 16"
                        2. Getting a haircut: "Now, you're still in high school right?"
                        3. Buying something at best buy: "We have a special offer right n--wait you're probably not old enough to qualify for our credit card"*
                        4. At the ice skating rink: Cashier assumes I am under 18 and gives me the discount automatically

*I don't want their stupid credit card anyway but that isn't the point here
                        Don't grow facial hair.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Poor thing. I seem to have been fortunate in looking older when I was younger and now I am pushing 40 I look a lot younger than I am. I'm hoping I'm biologically immortal, like a lobster. Bloody unlikely though, I do get the odd grey hair in my beard...
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

PROVOST HARRISON!?!?!
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Yeah, apparently he decided to slum it today and post with us
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yeah...for old times sake. Or young times if you're Hardon Collider...
                                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X