I need to look older

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava View Post
    Start dead lifting too. You'll put mass on your posterior chain. Don't worry about how much you lift. Just lift. Lift and eat. With your frames, you guys will see great results. I'm almost jealous
    Just squatting 50 pounds (3x sets of 10) made a big difference in my ability to climb stairs/rocks/hike/etc

No change in weight/appetite though

Comment

Sava, what's your chest routine?
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
        Just squatting 50 pounds (3x sets of 10) made a big difference in my ability to climb stairs/rocks/hike/etc

No change in weight/appetite though
        Lifting by itself won't change your weight. You will recomp fat into muscle. Even perhaps lose muscle in some areas and gain it in others. Gotta eat. Go for calorie dense foods. Experiment. Find what works for you.

As you gain mass, your body will adjust. It is similar to Newtonian physics. Your body wants to maintain. You may have to force it
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Spend that $20K on new wardrobe.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

So now I'm not the only one promoting the merits of fitness and fasion
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

It's not like HC can get by on his personality.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                It's not like HC can get by on his personality.
                Takes one to know one.
                To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                  So now I'm not the only one promoting the merits of fitness and fasion
                  Apolyton seems to have a lot of gay men.

Comment

Fashion is useless. But fitness? Yes.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Fashion's not entirely useless, but it's more of a what not to do than what to do. I.e. don't do fedoras and hot topic t shirts
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                        I have never tried growing a beard though my facial hair grows pretty fast. The problem is I find it really ****ing itchy and annoying so I end up shaving like twice a day.
                        see, a beard needs a strong host to survive and be a good symbiote. the itchiness is just the beard trying to make you stronger and fashion you into an adequate host. once you make it out of that stage, the beard will accept you as one of its own; you've just got to be patient.
                        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I think you should grow a neckbeard and buy yourself a fedora to look older. Or just relax.

I was buying a bottle of liquor for my MiL and the cashier refused to sell it to me without an ID until a bag boy recognised me and told her I have a wife and a kid. And I don't look like Twiggy.
                          Graffiti in a public toilet
                          Do not require skill or wit
                          Among the **** we all are poets
                          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedotard View Post
                            Apolyton seems to have a lot of gay men.
                            Liking fashion isn't gay. It's effeminate. Give albie a break.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Yeah don't knock this young thing, I remember always being the youngest and nowadays I always seem the oldest. Where did it all go...?

Still, my gf keeps getting IDed for buying alcohol and - get this - buying ****ing Christmas crackers!!! So I can be young vicariously through her...

But yeah, basically you need presence. I remember being a 10 stone weakling aged 16 when I started working and used the gym, which was hard work given my insane metabolism at the time. But even the half a stone I gained at that time and the confidence I got from that just made me seem much older - even if it was from 16 to 17...

And dress older. Pick someone you like and respect, google their images and buy the types of clothes they wear - that's an easy shortcut.
                              "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                                Fashion's not entirely useless, but it's more of a what not to do than what to do. I.e. don't do fedoras and hot topic t shirts
                                Hmm. I'd agree with that
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X