I need to look older

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try wearing glasses.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Lol pchang I've worn glasses since I was in 3rd grade, and ever since I've been regularly accused of looking like Harry Potter.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Wear those stack shoes to make you taller?
        "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Shave your head so you look like you're bald.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
            1. At the airport: "You don't need to show your ID because you're under 16"
            2. Getting a haircut: "Now, you're still in high school right?"
            3. Buying something at best buy: "We have a special offer right n--wait you're probably not old enough to qualify for our credit card"*
            4. At the ice skating rink: Cashier assumes I am under 18 and gives me the discount automatically

I'm 22 for the love of god. I graduate from college in May. What do I do?

*I don't want their stupid credit card anyway but that isn't the point here
            Wear a beard.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Honestly, growing a beard (and keeping it semi-clean) was one of the best things I ever did looks wise.

When I look at pictures of my clean shaven self (early 20s), I look so childlike.

JM
              (probably the best thing I could do for the future is to keep it always clean)
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

If I shave and let my hair grow, I look around 5 years younger.

Grow a mustache?
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Well, if you want to look older, just do regular tanning sessions at the local solarium.

I had a schoolmate who did so ...
                  with 25 she looked older than many 40 years old I knew
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

If I shave and cut my hair short (and dye it), I reckon I can easily look 10 - 15 years younger
                    "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

It amuses me that so many of the suggestions basically amount to actually aging (via smoking, or tanning, or what have you).

Comment

studies have shown that smoking will actually make you look cooler, too.
                        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Lol pchang I've worn glasses since I was in 3rd grade, and ever since I've been regularly accused of looking like Harry Potter.
                          You know you can pick a different style, don't you? Aviator frames don't look HPish. They look very Jewish with clear lenses, though.
                          Graffiti in a public toilet
                          Do not require skill or wit
                          Among the **** we all are poets
                          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
                            studies have shown that smoking will actually make you look cooler, too.
                            Those studies are wrong. Smoking is gross and there is literally no bigger turnoff.

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                            You know you can pick a different style, don't you? Aviator frames don't look HPish. They look very Jewish with clear lenses, though.
                            My frames are not harry potter-ish at all, but I still get the accusation. Dark hair, bangs, and a remarkably similar face shape will do that.

Comment

It amuses me that so many of the suggestions basically amount to actually aging (via smoking, or tanning, or what have you).
                              Well you can not deny that, by aging his body (or at least his skin), he archieves his objective, which is, to look older
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Very true.

Comment

Working...
                                X