No announcement yet.

#FoxNewsFacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been demonstrated before that Fox News does not keep its crap in the commentary. In fact, Jon Stewart did a hilarious segment that showed how easily Fox News' commentary finds it way into the regular news reporting.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
      They are responsible for what they choose to air and not air.
      I'd tend to agree if it was an anchor (i.e. Megyn Kelly or Greta) who said it, but some pundit can't be seen as representative of the network. Same would go for MSNBC or CNN.

Comment

Originally posted by History049 View Post
        I'd tend to agree if it was an anchor (i.e. Megyn Kelly or Greta) who said it, but some pundit can't be seen as representative of the network. Same would go for MSNBC or CNN.
        Both of which take a lot of flak when they have kooky guests. Fox News, however, seeks out people like Emerson and gives them a pulpit.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

If you bring someone onto a show and describe them as an expert, and that person makes stupid, ridiculous and easily disprovable claims, then that reflects straight back on the show and the channel.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
            The commentator/pundit in question, Steven Emerson, has a long history of Islamophobic claims. Basically, Emerson was a fairly legit investigator and reporter in the 1980s, but transitioned into the world of anti-terrorist fearmongering after his "Jihad in America" quasi-documentary around 1993-94. He famously blamed the Oklahoma City bombings (by Christian Timothy McVeigh) on Muslims back in 1993. More recently, he claimed the Boston Marathon bombing was done by a Saudi national, then after the Tsarnaevs were identified, claimed the Saudi connection was being covered up. He has repeated claimed a connection between both the Obama administration and the US academic left, and radical Islamists. The list of unsupported claims Emerson has spouted over the past 20 years is literally too long to detail here.

Basically, he's a guy who realized he could create a whole career by beating an anti-Islam drum, converting from journalist to pundit. Worse than inaccurate, his history is one of deliberate information and anti-Islam fear-mongering. The fact that Fox News continues to book Emerson as an "terrorism expert" is pretty damning.

Here's a fairly even-handed look at his his history: http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Emerson_Steven.
            His Wikipedia article is actually more damning.
            So, he is Oerdin
            "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              At least Fox News keeps the crap in its commentary, whereas you have Wolf Blitzer running around during every crisis absolutely making **** up. Cable news sucks, but let's stay focused here--you're complaining about one of their opinion commentators, not their reporting.
              Fox apologist much?
              "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Foxnews: We distort. You deny.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                  Foxnews: We distort. You deny.
                  So you're the last person left from 1998 here?

Comment

More Faux News FACTS!!!

French show eviscerates ‘credibility of Fox News clowns’ for comparing Paris to Iraq

This one is worse than the Birmingham crap...

Comment

I've walked down Magenta innumerable times. Never knew it was a no-go area!
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Apparently it's worse than Iraq or Afghanistan - be careful!

Comment

Originally posted by History049 View Post
                          So you're the last person left from 1998 here?
                          There are quite a few - Ming still drops in.
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

I'm only Poasting in this thrade to say hi to MOBIUS.
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                              I've walked down Magenta innumerable times. Never knew it was a no-go area!
                              oh yes, you took your life in your hands right there, just ask a Fox expert who has never been to Magenta

Comment

He must have mixed it up with Cyan

[/obvious CMYK joke]

Comment

Working...
                                X