No announcement yet.

Posters I would kill and eat if we were trapped on a lifeboat sans food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first of my family in Virginia was a cabin boy on Christopher Newport's expedition of 1607. He, like most of the cabin boys, elected to stay behind and search for gold when the two main ships returned to England. The colonists were ill-equipped to feed themselves, many died that winter. We now know that the survivors resorted to canabalism to stay alive. When the relief ships returned the next year he returned to England. He was the only cabin boy to survive that winter. He almost assuredly snacked on his mates: "tasty" Tommie, "suculent" Sam, "delectable" Danny.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
      The Wreck Of The Medusa?
      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

more like medusa got rekt AMIRITE?
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
          "Okay, I need some sleep. You're going to stay awake, right? I'm not going to wake up screaming as Imran's crew cut out my liver?"
          "Totally! I got your back, man!"
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm happy I will not be eaten. I mean, being eaten is just so unnecessary.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
              I imagine that, if this actually happened, it would be a sort of cannibalism version of Diplomacy.

"Okay, I need some sleep. You're going to stay awake, right? I'm not going to wake up screaming as Imran's crew cut out my liver?"
              "Totally! I got your back, man!"
              You see, dear, sweet lovely Elok, still my favourite Christian, the texts I would be thinking of would not be Romantic poets, but a law case famous in the United Kingdom, the Queen versus Dudley and Stephens and the various accounts of the Donner Party. Also the famous book 'Alive' by Piers Paul Read about emergency restricted cuisine in the Andes.

I'm also habituated to eating offal and consuming blood- cooked usually, but I'll have it neat if necessary.

The Wreck Of The Medusa?
              Mad Monk

Gericault's 'The Raft Of The Medusa' to be more precise.
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
              X