No announcement yet.

Cities: Skylines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My city now, 35.7k inhabitants, 220k cash in bank and a surplus of 14.3k(down from a max of 22k, before massive upgrade of services!)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	skylines2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	9101524
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• My high density and low density main residental areas:

Click image for larger version

Name:	skylines3.JPG
Size:	441.7 KB
ID:	9101525Click image for larger version

Name:	skylines4.JPG
Size:	320.4 KB
ID:	9101526
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• How's traffic for you Nikolai?
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Looking at those screenshots, it appears that some of the skyscrapers/hi-rises have the same "footprint" as the low-density houses, which looks... off.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post

How's traffic for you Nikolai?
            Tolerable. It was horrible at one point, but after I built some metro stations and spammed more possible paths for my cims to use, it got much better. The long queue in the main road on the left of the first image is the worst I have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              Looking at those screenshots, it appears that some of the skyscrapers/hi-rises have the same "footprint" as the low-density houses, which looks... off.
              yes

well, sort of

zones seem to max out at 4x4... but there are also 1x1 zones... at least with low density... so no, the footprint isn't exactly the same

I'm not sure if 4x4 is 16x as dense as 1x1... I'll have to investigate

there are also "levels" of housing, affected by land value and services, happiness, etc
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                I'll post photos when I get home, in about two hours. My city is still pretty small though.
                So I lied. Ended up not having dinner at home, and when I got back I only played ~30 minutes, mith multiple crashes (I'm suspecting the PSU falls a little bit short with the new video card, I lowered the graphics and have had more luck), and I only made it to the next unlock. I can now buy a new tile, haven't yet though, as I'm short on cash since I'm always redesigning stuff. I've just rebuilt my whole industrial sector, for example.
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Starting out was tough for me. I had to quit and restart a bunch of times. Couldn't turn a profit, initially. Ran out of money.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I'm managing fine so far. ~1k profit
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Haven't had time to play in the last couple days; one criticism I have is that it's a bit... sterile. Not a ton of personality. It could use some SimCity 4 style advisers, and/or fine tuning of that stupid twitter thing to make it more useful. Some random events wouldn't go amiss.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I'm SOOO going to try the automatic bulldoze mod! (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=406132323)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                          I guess the main reason why they failed (so much that EA closed down the studio at Emrysville) is, that with SC 2013 the producers wanted to pressure MMO functionality upon the gamers at all costs, even against the wishes of the majority of gamers.
                          Had they supplied Singleplayer/Offline functionality already from the beginning on (instead of just as a patch at the end of 2014), they might have gotten much better press and more sales ... probably enough to save them from closure
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Huh. Out of nowhere, half my city lacked power, even though I was completely in the green. Half my inhabitants left before I just built a solar power station in the middle of the residental area to fix it.

Comment

• Maybe some changes (bulldozing and/or abandoned building?) caused your powerplant to disconnect from the rest of the city?
                              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Here's the core of my city. I redesigned the area to the bottom/(south?). It was low density res and some commercial. Now the area is high density res, com, and offices. The south side is cut in half by a rail line with two stations on either end. I have bus lines working efficiently to shuttle people all throughout that area. Rail usage is very low still. I'm going to begin my redesign of the north side once I reach 36k and get to unlock another tile. I'm going to follow the same sort of criteria with the rail line running through the middle of that section of the city. I'm going to also redesign the highways and off/onramps. Those intersections just get jammed up. I think I have a workable solution. We'll see.

I've reduced my industry to the west. There's very little. Most everyone is educated and works in offices or commercial.

I have an excess of all services. The only tricky part is finding areas for the garbage incinerators. They create pollution. However, the footprint isn't so large as to be a major headache.

Also, Guy, ships get unlocked at 36k. I'll see what my options are and how shipping reacts to the dam.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X