Cities: Skylines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more on Maxis:

EA has shut down Maxis Emeryville, the main Maxis studio and longrunning developer behind SimCity and Spore, among other games. Though the Maxis brand will carry on, the studio that most people knew as "Maxis" is no more.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

around the 18 minute mark, this guy builds a dam in the wrong place

he wastes a ton of money, affects the water flow, ends up providing sewage water to the population

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

city built using all available 9 tiles... mods will permit the use of 25 tiles

he's got a decent population despite not using grids

there is a one million population hardcap... allegedly will able to be turned off on day1 with mods

the cap is due to performance issues

note, these population figures aren't multiplied like in SimCity 2013... those numbers are the actual number of cims in the game being individually simulated

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

How does this compare with Cities XL?
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

much better

and I'm not necessarily a hater of Cities XL, XXL (and all of its derivatives)...
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Game unlocks in less than 4 hours!

enjoy some water physics

be careful where you build dams!

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Indifference is Bliss

Comment

1900 CET is soooo close.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                    1900 CET is soooo close.

it's been a long time since I've had a gaming boner this hard
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Some Italian site has given the game 90/100, and a site called project nerd gives it 4/5. User score on metacritic after 24 reviews says 9.7.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post

it's been a long time since I've had a gaming boner this hard
                        And it's cheap. Steam price is less than half of a regular game.

Comment

85/100 on pc gamer.

Comment

Drool. I have three hours to decide whether to preorder.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                              Drool. I have three hours to decide whether to preorder.
                              DO IT
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

from the RPS review:

Originally posted by Rock Paper Shotgun
                                You’re going to love it

Cities: Skylines [official site] feels like the response to a question. That question is “what, exactly, do people want…
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X