4,000 must die so 300 can defend themselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    No, they don't. Mexico is awash in guns and they're sold from stores on any main street in the country. Don't believe me? Go down to Tijuana sometime and they'll happily sell you a Sasturday Night Special at any of dozens of tourist stands. They all are smaller than .38 cal though. This NRA talking point that Mexico somehow doesn't have guns is just a lie, oh, and before you even make the claim, yes, most of them are perfectly legal even down there.

So one of our "facts" is bullshi but it isn't mine.
    Does Mexico have more guns than the United States? Let's check gunpolicy.org to find out.

The estimated total number of guns (both licit and illicit) held by civilians in the United States is 270,000,000 to 310,000,000

The estimated rate of private gun ownership (both licit and illicit) in the United States is 101.05 firearms per 100 people

The estimated total number of guns (both licit and illicit) held by civilians in Mexico is 15,500,000

The estimated rate of private gun ownership (both licit and illicit) in Mexico is 15.0 firearms per 100 people

Now, Oerdin, is 270,000,000 less than 15,500,000?
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

You're being a **** again because I never mentioned DC or Vermont, bright boy.
      I mentioned them.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
        Chicago (Murder Capitol of the US) begs to differ.
        You're just wrong because there hasn't been a systematic reduction in guns in Chicago. All the criminals just straw buy them down in NC and the NRA makes sure those straw buyers are never caught. ACTUALLY reduce the number of guns and implement laws to help control access to guns to criminals (universal background checks with a universal registry and tracking of who bought the guns with a law saying NO gun can be sold except by a licensed gun dealer via a recorded transaction and the straw buyer problem goes away) and you'd see major positive results just like has happened in EVERY SINGLE OTHER first world country. Only ***** and liars say other wise.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I'm embarrassed for you Felch.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
            I said MY opinion, you illiterate bastard

cocksmoker
            So that thing you said in the OP, that wasn't your opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
              Does Mexico have more guns than the United States? Let's check gunpolicy.org to find out.

The estimated total number of guns (both licit and illicit) held by civilians in the United States is 270,000,000 to 310,000,000

The estimated rate of private gun ownership (both licit and illicit) in the United States is 101.05 firearms per 100 people

The estimated total number of guns (both licit and illicit) held by civilians in Mexico is 15,500,000

The estimated rate of private gun ownership (both licit and illicit) in Mexico is 15.0 firearms per 100 people

Now, Oerdin, is 270,000,000 less than 15,500,000?
              Now you're just being pendantic and attempting to avoid the issue. Guns are perfectly legal down in Mexico (with in limits) and it is extremely simple to buy them. Gun restrictions is not even a factor wrt crime in Mexico which was the original claim.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                So that thing you said in the OP, that wasn't your opinion?
                No. I take no credit for that opinion whatsoever.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Now you're just being pendantic and attempting to avoid the issue. Guns are perfectly legal down in Mexico (with in limits) and it is extremely simple to buy them. Gun restrictions is not even a factor wrt crime in Mexico which was the original claim.
                  It's not pedantic at all. You said that more guns equal more crime. I found, without looking very hard, an example of a country with fewer guns and more crime. Then you said that I was wrong about them having fewer guns. Is 15 million more than 300 million?

Comment

We agree. Oerdin has poor communication skills.

now stop being retarded
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Fair enough

Comment

Bah. Just tell me what huffpo or hotair says about this (depending on my chosen political party) so I don't have to think about it.
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Swords are the answer to this question.
                          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

You're just wrong because there hasn't been a systematic reduction in guns in Chicago. All the criminals just straw buy them down in NC and the NRA makes sure those straw buyers are never caught. ACTUALLY reduce the number of guns and implement laws to help control access to guns to criminals (universal background checks with a universal registry and tracking of who bought the guns with a law saying NO gun can be sold except by a licensed gun dealer via a recorded transaction and the straw buyer problem goes away) and you'd see major positive results just like has happened in EVERY SINGLE OTHER first world country. Only ***** and liars say other wise.
                            Okay, let's say that the laws were changed so that:
                            • The private sale and transfer of firearms is prohibited, except in extraordinary cases
                            • Dealing in firearms by way of business without a valid gun dealer’s licence is unlawful
                            • The number and type of firearms which can be sold by a licensed gun dealer to a single gun owner is limited to one firearm per transaction. To sell individuals more than one gun, dealers must have receive special permission in advance
                            • The law requires that a record of the acquisition, possession and transfer of each privately held firearm be retained in an official register
                            • Licensed firearm dealers are required to keep a record of each firearm or ammunition purchase, sale or transfer on behalf of a regulating authority
                            • Authorities maintain a record of individual civilians licensed to acquire, possess, sell or transfer a firearm or ammunition

Would that change anything for you?

What if I told you that all those legal changes I listed were already on the books in Mexico?

Comment

okay i got it out of my system
                              its fun watching the argument with oerdin
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I do my best to entertain.

Comment

Working...
                                X