Political quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political quiz

Over here in the UK we've long suspected that most Americans are far more right wing than us, so I'm curious to see where our US posters in particular come out on this quiz.

http://uk.isidewith.com/

It only takes a few minutes, so give it a go and post your results!

I am not from the US, so I do not have to
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Says I'm a Liberal Democrat. Suck it.

Although some of those questions were hard for me to answer, because they're very specific to the UK's politics.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        Says I'm a Liberal Democrat. Suck it.

Although some of those questions were hard for me to answer, because they're very specific to the UK's politics.
        I'd imagine most of them could be interpreted from a US standpoint also.

Comment

Most of them. But stuff about the House of Lords and devolved Parliaments don't mean much to a dumb American like me. And should there be a high speed railway between London and Birmingham? My only experience with this question comes from playing British Rails, where connecting those two cities is a requirement for winning. So yes?
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Most of them. But stuff about the House of Lords and devolved Parliaments don't mean much to a dumb American like me. And should there be a high speed railway between London and Birmingham? My only experience with this question comes from playing British Rails, where connecting those two cities is a requirement for winning. So yes?
            You could read the devolved parliaments one as 'should more power be given to the states'. High speed rail is more confusing as I don't actually understand why it's an issue over here either. Basically its just a very expensive project that should help move the focus of national investment outside of the capital (maybe).

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
              You could read the devolved parliaments one as 'should more power be given to the states'.
              Yeah, I figured it out. But even so, that's a hard question to answer universally. For example, more decentralized power in the United States means those uppity Southerners will restart their cottony industry... In the UK, I guess it means MOBIUS might be even douchier?

Comment

78% Tory, 77% LibDem.

I've also taken the US one, and I am 86% Dem, 86% Green.
                Last edited by onodera; May 12, 2014, 09:09.
                Graffiti in a public toilet
                Do not require skill or wit
                Among the **** we all are poets
                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Lib Dem 92%
                  Labour 90%
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                    Over here in the UK we've long suspected that most Americans are far more right wing than us, so I'm curious to see where our US posters in particular come out on this quiz.

http://uk.isidewith.com/

It only takes a few minutes, so give it a go and post your results!
                    Hi.

This quiz is asking me about England. I don't care about England.

Should I pretend this quiz is about America?
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Green 96%
                      Lib Dem 89%
                      Scottish Nationals 87% (I guess cuz I said Scotland should vote on independence)

A lot of the issues in the test aren't relevant to me...
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Suck it.
                        Also, I agree with Lori on this.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                          78% Tory, 77% LibDem.

I've also taken the US one, and I am 86% Dem, 86% Green.
                          That's the swing I was talking about. Of course you aren't American, but it's the same thing whereby most conservatives here would be Dems in America and (sometimes) vice versa.

Comment

blahblahblah you are wrong, your premise is false... just admit it

Your conservatives include the BNP.

Also, isn't "labour" like center-left? That's Blair's party. He'd be a solid Republican.

If anything, UK politics is skewed slightly to the right of America, not the left
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                            X