No announcement yet.

Dying and death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what would suck? If we all were just one consciousness and used existence as a means to pass the time. But then when each one of us dies, we're left omnipotent yet maddeningly alone.
    Now there's a concept.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Not the first time I've heard that.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        What if living life to the fullest is the incorrect answer for getting into the correct afterlife?
        A bad afterlife still beats the alternative of no afterlife.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
          A bad afterlife still beats the alternative of no afterlife.
          Disagree.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

You may change your mind as you get older.
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Dante disagrees too.
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Maybe, but with few exceptions I doubt many of us here would qualify for some of the best of Dante's "rewards".
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Having no afterlife is, in the end, the same as never having existed in the first place.

Comment

That's why you don't wait to the end and enjoy what you can now.

I figure the odds of any afterlife are really really low.
                    And if there is one, it's even lower odds that it has anything to do with a deity.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I am a Christian, but I find my lifestyle becoming more Buddhist with each passing year. Or maybe Epicurean.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                        drink more water

you'll be okay

or you won't
                        Not with low blood pressure.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

The longer I live, the more I hope there's nothing after this... especially if it's terrible. That's a no brainer.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                            How do you olds deal with the spectre of death?
                            Everything and everyone dies. Everyone.

Doesn't really bother me.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Being dead didn't bother me before I was born. It won't bother me after I'm gone. I won't even be in a position to notice. What used to bother me was all the stuff I'm gonna miss, except I won't miss it. From my point of view, it everything ends all at the same time.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Interesting article on suicide

Comment

Working...
                                X