Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The End of Windows XP

is it true? Talk to me, man...

is there any way some 3rd parties will try to fill the void of Microsoft ending support for xp?

I cKare so deePly aBout this thrade that I wish my real life did not have to get in the way of me Pressing the refresh Button for hours on end.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I've never used XP on my home PC.
      Graffiti in a public toilet
      Do not require skill or wit
      Among the **** we all are poets
      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Dude, you're 3+ OSes and 13 years behind the times.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

after April 8, 2014, technical assistance for Windows XP will no longer be available (official announcement)

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
            is it true? Talk to me, man...

is there any way some 3rd parties will try to fill the void of Microsoft ending support for xp?

I don't see it.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Windows 7 market share continues to grow faster than Windows 8/8.1

They'll do better with Windows 9, I hope.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

If you're still on Windows XP you need to have your computer confiscated.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

nah

better XP than Windows 8
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The only part that sucks for my is at work. I have legacy hardware that I have to support with no Win7 drivers, and the vendor does not support it anymore.

Company is now pushing hard to move away from it.
                    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                      Dude, you're 3+ OSes and 13 years behind the times.
                      Yeah, no company continues to support a product forever and MS did a heck of a job supporting a product for 13 years. I wouldn't keep using it either because you just know the malware people will go after it now since there are still so many users but no more new patches. If you have to keep such an old PC then switch to Linux.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy View Post
                        The only part that sucks for my is at work. I have legacy hardware that I have to support with no Win7 drivers, and the vendor does not support it anymore.

Company is now pushing hard to move away from it.
                        My work has switched everything to Win8 and I despise that OS. I tried to talk them into letting me continue using my old Win7 laptop but no dice. I didn't need nor want a new company laptop and the newer hardware isn't really needed for what we do while the larger hard drive really isn't even needed since 90%+ of the stuff gets saved on the cloud anyway so that anyone in any of the offices can use it.
                        Last edited by Dinner; April 3, 2014, 00:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                          If you're still on Windows XP you need to have your computer confiscated.
                          Let's face it, Windows XP never needed to be replaced and Microsoft just wants more money.

Comment

No argument there. Though there were newer features which needed added but which XP couldn't take (like touch screens) but the reality is MS does use planned obsolescence though supporting one obsolete product for 13 years is pretty good. Like I said before just switch to Linux and the security problems go away even with the old hardware so what is the problem? Failing that just spend $300 on a new computer. It's not a lot of money. I spend more on a Friday night out though I do a heck of a lot fewer of those than 10 years ago.

Comment

My work PC uses XP.

It was only five years ago that they "upgraded" it from NT4.
                              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                              X