X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No mention of virgins here...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ban Kenobi View Post
      Oh and you won't get thrown in jail just for offending religious people in America.
      Do you throw people in jail for hooliganism? Cause this is what they did.
      Honestly, what would you do if a bunch of crazy performers in their seek for cheap PR has started their performance in St. Patrick's Cathedral or on the Arlington cemetery?
      Besides being the main cathedral of Russia, the Cathedral of Jesus Christ the Savior is basically a military memorial in honor of fallen in war vs. Napoleon. Those *****es were dancing on the graves.

Comment

Ok, so that was a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb View Post
          Do you throw people in jail for hooliganism? Cause this is what they did.
          Honestly, what would you do if a bunch of crazy performers in their seek for cheap PR has started their performance in St. Patrick's Cathedral or on the Arlington cemetery?
          Besides being the main cathedral of Russia, the Cathedral of Jesus Christ the Savior is basically a military memorial in honor of fallen in war vs. Napoleon. Those *****es were dancing on the graves.
          I don't think "hooliganism" is a legal term in America.

Also, have you heard of the Westboro Baptist Church and what they got away with?

Comment

• ok, here we go, here is your list of rogue states (but it's not a full list of "anti-gay laws in US", I can bring some more if you like):

What are some examples of stigmatizing state laws?

There are currently 8 states that have these types of laws: Alabama, Arizona, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, and Utah. Click here to view a map of No Promo Homo law and laws that prohibit enumeration. Here are several state examples:
            • In Alabama, in terms of sexual health education, “Classes must emphasize, in a factual manner and from a public health perspective, that homosexuality is not a lifestyle acceptable to the general public and that homosexual conduct is a criminal offense under the laws of the state.” Alabama State Code § 16-40A-2(c)(8).

• In South Carolina, students are told that “the program of instruction provided for in this section may not include a discussion of alternate sexual lifestyles from heterosexual relationships including, but not limited to, homosexual relationships except in the context of instruction concerning sexually transmitted diseases.” S.C. Stat. § 59-32-30(5).

• Arizona mandates that “no district shall include in its course of study instruction which…(1) promotes a homosexual life-style…(2) portrays homosexuality as a positive alternative life-style…(3) suggests that some methods of sex are safe methods of homosexual sex.” AZ Rev. Stat. § 15-716(c).

http://glsen.org/learn/policy/issues/nopromohomo

Click image for larger version

Name:	nopromo_map_0.png
Views:	1
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	9100034

Comment

• Those are laws concerning what teachers can teach in public schools. They're not equivalent to a law that simply says people engaging in "homosexual propaganda" around children will be fined. There's a big difference between the government having rules regarding what teachers teach in government-owned schools, and a government attempting to regulate what everyone can and can't say.

Comment

• BS.

Comment

• What, you think regulating what teachers can say in publicly-owned classrooms is somehow equivalent to regulating what anyone, whether they're a teacher or not, can say wherever they are?

Comment

• Poor Serb has to resort to comparing obscure, unenforced laws to Russian policy.

And I don't know how the could possibly help you. Because we all think those laws are stupid and wrong too.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I'd be happy to criticize Alabama and call them backwards bigots.

Comment

I'd be happy to criticize Alabama and call them backwards bigots.

Hell, that's one of my favorite things to do!
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• So, do we have an actual Olympic thread around here?
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Well, I understand Shaun White will be hitting the halfpipe tonight. There's figure skating, if you're into that. And, uh, hockey, but we're mostly Americans here. The rest is honestly pretty boring.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb View Post
                              That needs some time. I had a full list, but since nobody asked I've closed the tab.

Steve Krause's personal homepage, Steve Krause's blog, essays by Steve Krause, art by Steve Krause

That must be a joke. I don't know.

As Abraham Lincoln said, not everything written on the internet is true.
                              Last edited by notyoueither; February 12, 2014, 02:07.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Yeah, Alabama has anti-gay propaganda laws on the books, not just preventing teachings on homosexuality...

The largest city in the conservative state of Alabama, Birmingham (metro population 1.2 million) is also home to the largest concentration of LGBT residents and gay and lesbian bars and related businesses in the state. Each year beginning in early June, the city is host to the Central Alabama Pride Celebration, which includes a variety of parties, events, and observances known as the "8 Days of Pride" and culminates with an evening Gay Pride Parade - the unconfirmed but likely date this year is Saturday, June 7, 2014, and the Pride Festival at Sloss takes place the following day (Sunday, June 8, 2014).

Last year the parade kicked off around 7:30 pm and passed through Birmingham's hip and bustling Five Points neighborhood. The Pride Festival took place on Sunday from 12:30 pm and continued throughout the day, until 9:15 pm - it was held at Birmingham's famed Sloss Furnaces National Historic Landmark park, and the headliner last year was the always-entertaining Chad Michaels.
                                Um...
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X