Hotels in Sochi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    Chinese descended people in the US are wealthier and higher placed socially than white people on average, clearly this means they are targets of extensive systemic discrimination
    Have you never heard of stereotypically wealthy minorities being victims of discrimination before?
    [Pets] can't be reasoned with when their instincts kick in and they remember that they're animals. Especially dogs which are genetically 100% wolves. - Al B. Sure!

Comment

• Of course I have (we're both thinking of the same one), but one doesn't lead to the other

We do discriminate against the Chinese through affirmative action, I'll grant you that.

Comment

• Racism only exists in reverse form
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
          God, I'd have a bitter and angry outlook at the world too if all I had to read was Tolstoy and Turgenev.
          You wish you were intelligent or cultured enough to appreciate either.
          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
            Racism only exists in reverse form
            Most the claims of racism that asian-americans complain about are the result of cultural issues. For example, many complain that they don't get promotions that they feel they deserve. The reason management gives is that they don't demonstrate leadership qualities. So asian-americans have started claiming that lack of leadership qualities is a stereotype of asians. There are cultural influences among asians that promote less outgoing and risk averse behavior. In fact, they will wholly admit that they haven't been as outgoing and risk-taking as those who did get the promotions, while still claiming racism for their lack of career advancement. They want the promotion despite being wholly unqualified for it. In addition, you'll find those asian-americans who do break through the cultural barriers to demonstrate strong leadership capabilities do get those promotions. In my opinion, most the claims of racism by asian-americans are exaggerated and are derived from jealousy and an undeserved sense of entitlement.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
              Most the claims of racism that asian-americans complain about are the result of cultural issues.
              In all my time at Manchester I didn't meet a single student of Asian origin (and we had lots) who was on an arts course, except for Steve who was half-Filipino and half-Chilean. His sister was studying law/economics in the U.S. . He was studying History of Art (one of my subsidiaries) and he now has his own gallery.

Click image for larger version

Name:	skgi_2728061_15962.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	9100340

A Raphael drawing sold last night at auction for $47.8 million, the highest price for any work on paper.

“It was the right price for a fantastic drawing,” said the London dealer Stephen Ongpin, who was the underbidder. “I just couldn’t go any further.”

Though I don't imagine there's a flood of British-Chinese or British-Vietnamese parents gagging to send their children on fine arts related courses somehow...
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
              X