For Guynemer and Dr. Strangelove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Guynemer and Dr. Strangelove

Doctor Quickly Scribbles Prescription That Will Lead To 30-Year Battle With Painkiller Addiction

TAMPA, FL—After a brief consultation with new patient Dan Highland, local primary care physician Dr. Harold Schlesinger quickly scribbled down a prescription that will touch off a self-destructive 30-year battle with painkiller addiction, sources confirmed Tuesday. “I gave you a few refills in case the pain lingers,” said Schlesinger, casually handing over a slip of paper that effectively set in motion three decades of compulsive abuse of opioids, a torturous cycle of detox and relapse, and a dark, drawn-out period of pain and anguish that will not only consume Highland, but his family members and friends as well. “Let me know if this dosage isn’t strong enough, and I’ll either bump you up or we’ll get you on something new.” Schlesinger quickly added that while it’s recommended that patients not drink alcohol while on the prescription, in practice Highland should “just use moderation.”
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/doc...will-le,35082/
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

The Onion?
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Mmmmmmhmmm.

I have literally never written an opioid prescription since starting my practice. Not one.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

before that, OTOH...
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
          Mmmmmmhmmm.

I have literally never written an opioid prescription since starting my practice. Not one.
          Because opioids are contraindicated for baby constipation?
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

HC is the one that brought Guy into it.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              Mmmmmmhmmm.

Is there any reason not to just generally go with a high dose of NSAIDs, barring something like "lol my arm fell off"?

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Then why do docs prescribe opioids so much?

Comment

A pediatrician is the wrong sort of doctor to ask.

Comment

this dude is blaming the doc?

Comment

IT"S THE ONION
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                          this dude is blaming the doc?
                          Doctors bear some culpability for enabling painkiller addictions.

But also it's the onion, dude. The guy isn't real.

Comment

Is this a continuance of some other Poly thread?
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

No, I was just curious what the local doctors thought of overprescription of painkillers.

Comment

Working...
                              X