First flu in years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
    He says on the shortest day of the year.
    HAHAHA!
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
      Watch out for the truly delightful secondary chest infection. I have produced so much phlegm and mucus in the past few weeks, it just may petition for citizenship rights. I have been consuming lemon juice, honey, chilis and ginger by the bucketfuls with copious amounts of hot sauce of one variety or another slathered on foodstuffs to at least give them the semblance of taste. Also ears have felt as though there are melted marshmallows in there making listening to music almost redundant.

Luckily was invited to a church dinner where my friend worships, so had some excellent spicy African food and a potent (non-alcoholic) ginger drink that the rest of the people at my table shunned because they felt it was too strong.

It hasn't helped that the weather has been chilly, moist and the air seems permanently claggy- that's when there isn't a gale blowing or hailstones and rain.
      On those 2-4 year occations where I'm hit by the flu, I go to bed with a scarf, military woolen socks and pyjamas buried under a cople of dyner (don't know what you brits call such). Add to that a couple of litres of hot tea spiced with sufficient cheap rum (doesn't do anything curing you, but you'll fell better). That usually cure a flu in three days with a day or two to get normal again. Oh, and don't bother your doc - it's just waste of time.

Now I'll just before Doc Guy uses his on me
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

You should always visit the doctor, to rule out the possibility you have ebola.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
          You should always visit the doctor, to rule out the possibility you have ebola.
          Since I'm not Belgian I don't have to worry about that
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Fine, be that way, but remember that rum will not cure ebola.
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Didn't claim that - just that you'll feel better after half a bottle of rum

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                (I'm gassy as the day is long)
                I symp/empathize. I had some delicious sauerkraut and mushroom pierogis earlier in the week and some tasty Polish beetroot soup. That was me in orbit on Wednesday.

Also- if it's easy to get, try some English mustard/horseradish sauce/wasabi- great at clearing the head and making you tear up.
                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                  On those 2-4 year occations where I'm hit by the flu, I go to bed with a scarf, military woolen socks and pyjamas buried under a cople of dyner (don't know what you brits call such).
                  Duvets? Quilts ? Candlewick ladies' bedjackets ?

Begin my Danish as it is spoken lessons- I haven't watched 'Borgen' in ages, but I'm hoping to buy 'Babette's Feast' as a Christmas present to myself.

Add to that a couple of litres of hot tea
                  I've been downing it by the gallon- with masala spice mix added. Read 4 Elmore Leonard novels and three Greg Rucka graphic novels while hugging a hot water bottle to my Tiger Balm slathered chest.

Still, could be worse- could be Marburg or Hanta. Or an enforced viewing of an evangelical Christian channel.
                  Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                  X