Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are They Any Consequences To Eating Uncooked Salmon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are They Any Consequences To Eating Uncooked Salmon?

WELL IT'S FINALLY HAPPENED, I'VE EATEN UNCOOKED SALMON . Following an 1.54 mile run which pumped my mind full of endorfins, I went to a local grocery and picked up a diet soda, diet powerade and some salmon -- NOT SMOKED SALMON . I was distracted and did not buy the smoked slamon. I have only ever eaten smoked slamon, and am not sure if "smoked" means "pre-cooked and safe to eat," but have never had to confront this question because I have only ever eaten smoken salmon (see above). Now after eating what appears to have been 0.33 LB of "FRESH SALMON FILLET / FARM RAISED / CANADA / COOK THOROUGHLY / KEEP REFRIGERATED OR FROZEN / THAW IN REFRIGERATOR OR MICROWAVE ' KEEP RAW MEAT AND PULTY SEAPARETE FROM OTHER FOODS., WASH WORKING SURFACES INCLUDING BCUTTING BOARDS. KEEP HOT FOODS HOT salamon" according to the label, I am feeling sick. Was I supposed to have cooked this? In a microwave or oven or deep fryer? What have I done -- Will vomiting up now help and if so how to do it? Is the bacteria already in my blood stream?

Also does anyone know if Starbucks is open
    Last edited by Wiglaf; October 19, 2013, 12:02. Reason: JUST PUKED :MAD;

Nothing if it is fresh and has no parasites. Salmon sushi is actually pretty good.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

How do I confirm there was no parasites? I have a thing tonight and don't want to infect anyone.

Comment

Probably food poisoning rather than a parasite. Eating raw salmon isn't a good idea unless it's really fresh. Sorry, Wiggy.
        I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Comment

You are going to die. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
            How do I confirm there was no parasites? I have a thing tonight and don't want to infect anyone.
            Buy from a reputable sushi place.

Comment

Parasites aren't contagious. Just really gross.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Your dick is going to fall off.

Can't say I'm sorry.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

If Wiggy's dick fell off he'd just build his own robotic prosthetic one and still satisfy every slutty intern in the greater D.C. area.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                    Will vomiting up now help and if so how to do it? Is the bacteria already in my blood stream?
                    You may be struck with Japanitis or Gay. Both are terminal. There is no escape; prayer is your only option.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

You might get violent diarrhea for a day.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It may only last a day, but the consequences last a lifetime.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

If you happen to be a bear, you are probably going to be just fine ...

Comment

I was just going to say that very thing!

As it is, if he doesn't develop anything other than projectile vomiting and/or a severe case of the screaming drizzles, he's lucky.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Some salmon parasites cannot be killed by antibiotics (they're not bacteria), moreover, because they're not animals and not funghi, but something inbetween, there's no guaranteed treatment. If you feel something grow in your nasal cavity, I'm sorry.
                              Graffiti in a public toilet
                              Do not require skill or wit
                              Among the **** we all are poets
                              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Working...
                              X