Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Coworker informed me that they have never heard of Google Chrome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just use shklim or shkler.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Ingenuity

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        Right, which is why the first mention of feminism in this thread is...
        You're being retarded, man. He thinks it sounds bad. That's an opinion, not reactionary authoritarianism.

It also does sound bad. It's stilted and weird. I've actually never seen it used that way before. Furthermore, feminists are in fact the folks who promoted the he/she/they pronoun silliness. I can't imagine any other group being petty enough to care. And before you do a "whoosh" and claim that I also am petty enough to care: I don't.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

More importantly MRT actually knows the gender of his coworker (I hope) so it's a moot point.

Comment

MRT, continue using language any way you see fit. If I'm allowed to say ain't and y'all, you're allowed to incorrectly use "they".

Comment

That you think 'they' is wrong is laughable.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Could just have rewritten the title to avoid using a gender altogether: "My coworker has never heard of Google Chrome"

It also would have meant less typing to boot.
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

You type with your boots?
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Don't you know how rude it is to post before I get the chance to edit?
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Just wait until you get Swedified and have to make a word for singular, which is not he or she, and which is not it. All for the sake of gender eqality. (He = han, she = hon, it = det. Then they have "hen" = either he or she, like in a transvestite.)
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                        MRT, continue using language any way you see fit. If I'm allowed to say ain't and y'all, you're allowed to incorrectly use "they".
                        As long as the fidelity of the message isnt seriously imperiled, I shall.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

So now they dont know how to open the link to install the remote desktop extension because they dont know how to open a link in chrome. This person...I just...
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

They can't even tell me what their modem model is. They said it was a Motorola 12VDC.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                              They can't even tell me what their modem model is. They said it was a Motorola 12VDC.
                              hahaha that's hilarious.

Comment

1. I have no particularly strong feelings about pronouns, though in this case I did assume that "they" meant multiple coworkers were to blame.

2. I like how I actually understand most of what you guys are talking about. Except the IPv6 stuff, I'm going to go over that soon.
                                1011 1100
                                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                                X