No announcement yet.

Visual Studio 2012 Professional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asher, what do you think about TypeScript? Does it make JS tolerable?
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

I've never used it. It goes a long way to helping.

Mozilla's ASM.js holds a lot of promise. Javascript, for application purposes, definitely should be treated akin to assembly.

http://www.unrealengine.com/html5/ is a fantastic example of what Javascript could be.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
        You speak from years of experience with webapp/webOS development?
        Yes.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Javascript is the correct option most of the time for client side scripting. At best you can use one of those weird languages that compile to javascript. But I think that's usually pretty pointless. jQuery makes it possible to write clean, reliable javascript.

I'm not sure why people think node.js is a good idea, but I've never used it so I reserve judgement.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
            Javascript is the correct option most of the time for client side scripting.
            Scripting, yes.

App development, no.

At best you can use one of those weird languages that compile to javascript. But I think that's usually pretty pointless. jQuery makes it possible to write clean, reliable javascript.
            The reason it's a good idea is using something like a C++-to-ASM.js compiler gives you 5-10x the performance of hand-written JS.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Pretty sure HC is talking about far less intensive uses of JS than you are, closer to jquery-validation than Google Docs.

Comment

Working...
              X