Visual Studio 2012 Professional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual Studio 2012 Professional

This is some good shit. And it's free for CMU students. It's making my OpenGL graphics lab a little less like pulling teeth.

There is no point to this thread. I am just expressing immense satisfaction with this piece of software. It's ****ing magical. It probably has a blowjob feature somewhere. As far as I can tell, it has everything else I would ever want.

PS: **** OpenGL
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

vim supremacy

Comment

now make something useful and fun
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

2012 is good, 2013 is better.

Xcode 5 has a lot of cool **** (particularly with how it represents static analysis) that VS is still lacking, though.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

HC, blowjobs are purchased separately. I like when CodeRush performs them, but some prefer ReSharper.
          Graffiti in a public toilet
          Do not require skill or wit
          Among the **** we all are poets
          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

In the C++ world, Visual Assist X is an essential add-on.

Our project at work is so complex (135 VS projects in the main solution, 2M+ lines of code) that IntelliSense was completely broken in VS2010. Visual Assist saved the day, as it could index the code just fine.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

xcode sucks

Comment

**** your IDEs.

Comment

Also Asher I didn't think 2013 was out yet, just in some sort of beta?

By the way, also awesome: C# and F#, and in particular the way you can have both C# and F# in the same program

Comment

Lately I've been using Scala, which is sort of like a condensed functional version of Java that fixes a lot of Java crap. And because it's implemented on the JVM, you can make use of the zillion or so Java libraries without any headache.
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

i still have this gorilla banana throwing game in BASIC

it's ****ing bad ass dude
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                        Lately I've been using Scala, which is sort of like a condensed functional version of Java that fixes a lot of Java crap. And because it's implemented on the JVM, you can make use of the zillion or so Java libraries without any headache.
                        Scala is being hyped really hard here but I'm not convinced.

Java is a pretty well designed language already. The only things I actually wish it had are closures and tuples.

F# is actually really useless (in my opinion) except in a few cases where you want to write an easy to parallelize math library, and then it's really handy. But it's only handy because it works with C#/VC++/VB.NET, and from what I understand, also the fact that those can be used to write Excel plugins.

Comment

Scala has closures and tuples, as well as an optional workaround for Java's type erasure implementation of generics (if type erasure is fine then you declare a class as MyClass[T] or whatever; if you want access to the type information at runtime then you use MyClass[T: ClassManifest] or MyClass[T: Manifest] depending on how much type information you need). It's also got support for actors, so you can basically program in Erlang on the JVM.
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Want to hear a joke? C++ type safety. Ahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                              xcode sucks
                              It sucks in many ways just as Visual Studio sucks in many ways.

It's also awesome in many ways just as visual Studio is awesome in many ways.

I use both daily and have for years on very large pieces of software, so I've got some basis to make that claim. I'm sure you've never actually used it for anything real.

LLVM-Clang's compiler errors and warnings and static analysis are definitely better than VS'. Instruments is also far superior to VS' perf tools, especially in Xcode 5 where a small version of them are enabled by default for all debug sessions (debug gauges).

Comment

Working...
                              X