Manning: Not Guilty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    The Reuters reporters getting killed was an accident, and also one that could have been easily avoided by the Reuters folks by simply not hanging around with insurgents. It wasn't some kind of assassination of opposition journalists.
    On the video, neither the grown ups, the reporter nor the children was armed - is that normal for insurgents ? Or are it's just a legal attack on potential insurgents ?
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

JM
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
        Yeah okay, so basically he's saying that economic sanctions fall under warfare, and you can technically call that collective punishment? Yes, Israel has every right to do that. Next question.
        no he's endorsing collective punishment, which is considered a war crime. please learn to read.

anyway (to the pair of you), the time for making your ridiculous arguments was in that other thread. the moment has passed, so now i will just sit back and laugh at you both.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Manning Guilty of being Fabulous!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...named-chelsea/
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

As well as guilty of being a piece of **** who leaked data. 30-someodd years, thank god almost nobody in military prisons (<25%) get parole. He's gonna be in the clink for a good long time.

Comment

also in other news

Bradley Manning wishing he’d just shot an unarmed black teenager
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

He should be sorry because what he did is far, far worse than shooting an unarmed teacher, even without justification.

Comment

I hope Obama gives him a pardon on his way out.

I want to see the exploding heads.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I'm sure some of those killed because of his leaks had exploding heads.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Who exactly has been killed because of the leak? At risk of getting ahead of myself, this claim seems as mythological as the claim he exposed systematic wrongdoing by the US.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                        1. Depends on the criminal acts.

2. He did a blanket release. There just happened to be reports of criminal acts in them.
                        One of the reports he released via wikileaks showed that contrary to numerous denials the US did indeed know that the Iraqi government was running death squads liquidating whole "problem villages" and then they'd call in US airstrikes to bomb the place thus destroying the evidence of their mass killings. That was embarrassing for the US because they had publicly claimed they had no knowledge of this but the leaked reports showed they did indeed know about it but were covering it up.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Thoughts on Manning...
                          If he believed in his actions then he should stand by them and hang by them.
                          I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country - Nathan Hale.

Even if the U.S. is guilty of wrong doing, Manning was a soldier and part of his actual duty involves keeping his ****ing mouth shut. If it were up to every individual to decide what should be told and should not be told then we would have anarchy and the U.S. would surely fall.

Still, I go back to the point that Manning should stand by his actions, not show any remorse if he truly feels that it was patriotic or somehow his duty to leak documents.
                          What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
                          What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

The incident of mass killings carried out by Iraqi government forces who then called in US airstrikes to destroy the evidence of their mass killings. This war crime was exposed by Bradley Manning's releases to wikileaks. Oh, hell, ****ing, yeah! This is a classic whistle blower case and they sentenced him to far, far, far longer than most actual spies get because his whistle blowing embarrassed them when they were caught lying. The man should be a hero not a prisoner.

It's just like a former supreme court justice said that when you make everything secret then nothing is secret. The government is classifying information not because there is any actual national security need but because it embarrasses individual politicians engaged in criminal acts.

Comment

Then, of course, we have this incident where US helicopter gunships assassinated journalists and broke not only international law but the US's own rules of engagement.

Wikileaks has obtained and decrypted this previously unreleased video footage from a US Apache helicopter in 2007. It shows Reuters journalist Namir Noor-Eld...

Comment

Working...
                              X