Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaccines shook my baby!

Somebody at Somethingawful found this gem of an anti-vaccine postcard:

"It was the worst thing I ever saw: the hypodermic needle grew arms and shook my baby!"
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

These people are nuts, keep them away from your families

Comment

I thought this was a Jenny McCarthy joins The View thread.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower View Post
          These people are nuts, keep them away from your families
          I only have one family
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
            I thought this was a Jenny McCarthy joins The View thread.
            Shhh...Guy isn't here yet!
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I never really liked her.

Don't get me wrong. If she started playing with my penis, I wouldn't stop her. But as far as sexy fantasy girls go, she wouldn't even be in my top-500.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Photoshop thread incoming?

oh, I see there already is one.

but it's not very good.

Comment

Photoshop this.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

What is wrong with people?
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What's amazing is that Andrew Wakefield continues to promote and defend his thoroughly debunked research.
                      What's depressing is that he's moved from the UK to Austin.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Anti-vaccine book tells kids to embrace measles

Measles is responsible for thousands of tragic (and preventable) deaths each year. Which is perhaps why so many reviewers are panning a new (and apparently self-published) book by Stephanie Messenger, an Australian author and anti-vaccine activist. According to the author’s page, “Melanie’s Marvelous Measles” was written to:

Educate children on the benefits of having measles and how you can heal from them naturally and successfully. Often today, we are being bombarded with messages from vested interests to fear all diseases in order for someone to sell some potion or vaccine, when, in fact, history shows that in industrialized countries, these diseases are quite benign and, according to natural health sources, beneficial to the body. Having raised three children vaccine-free and childhood disease-free, I have experienced many times when my children’s vaccinated peers succumb to the childhood diseases they were vaccinated against.

Amazon reviewers have not taken kindly to Messenger’s suggestion that measles can be an “adventure,” either. As one recently wrote:

Isn’t Melanie lucky that she didn’t get pneumonia from her measles like 1 in 15 children (7%) do? I had measles when I was a toddler in the 1950s before there was a measles vaccine available. I was in hospital in an oxygen tent for over a week with bilateral pneumonia when I had measles.

And another:

I can only presume that the author was born after the successful vaccination programme made people complacent about the dangers of measles. I was not so lucky. In the epidemic of my childhood I was nearly blinded, and still have scars on my eyeballs. I was the lucky member of the family; my sister died from complications. Measles kills children. This book is irresponsible and misleading at best. At worst it could lead to the death of a child.

Messenger’s title seems to allude to the Roald Dahl book, “George’s Marvelous Medicine.” Dahl, however, was a strong proponent of vaccination, a position rooted in the tragic death of his young daughter from measles.

<p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I'm really curious as to what is wrong with people like that. We should dissect their brains. There has to be some sort of physical abnormality causing that lunacy.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Not getting the Chicken Pox vaccine, I agree with. Everything else, no.

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                              I'm really curious as to what is wrong with people like that. We should dissect their brains. There has to be some sort of physical abnormality causing that lunacy.
                              Probably some new virus that has adapted to evade/destroy our vaccines, like HIV does with our immune systems.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X