Spider-rape, spider-rape, radioactive spider-rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider-rape, spider-rape, radioactive spider-rape

So, I just saw The Amazing Spider-Man for the first time, on my usual has-a-small-child delay. And, no, I'm not going to do my usual that-was-idiotic-and-didn't-make-sense rant (though it was, and didn't). But I did come away with this troubled feeling due to the fact that, for some reason, they decided to make Spidey a real ****head this time around. Partly it might just be that I felt myself comparing Garfield to Tobey Maguire's performance in the 2001 film, where he was so damn adorable they would have had to swap him out for a chocolate lab puppy to do better. But, no, part of it was just the way he was written.

Old Spidey: Accidentally starts a fight with Flash, gets ganged up on, beats him in self-defense.
    New Spidey: Deliberately humiliates Flash in public, purely for revenge.

Old Spidey: Refuses to catch a thief after his victim cheated him out of a heap of money.
    New Spidey: Refuses to catch a thief after his victim refused to sell him a small bottle of milk. Which he then stole anyway.

Old Spidey: Starts helping people in general with his gifts.
    New Spidey: Only goes after punks matching the description of the thief who killed his uncle. Seems much more interested in that than the "moral responsibility" thing said uncle's death was supposed to teach him in the first place.

Old Spidey: Awkwardly defends his honor against Jonah Jameson's irrational slur campaign.
    New Spidey: Starts a fight with his girlfriend's dad, at a dinner where he's a guest, over his right to screw up police investigations with his personal vendetta.

Old Spidey: Saves Mary Jane from some scuzzy guys who were about to rape her.
    New Spidey: Continues aggressively kissing Gwen Stacy while she is saying "no" over and over again. Like, eight times, no exaggeration. WTF?

The last part was the really icky bit for me. The rest, hey, he's just a self-centered teenager. But that frat-boy **** is nasty. Did anybody else think this incarnation of Spider-Man could use a good ass-whoopin'?
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I don't plan on seeing the new Spiderman movie, but here's a youtube video

<p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

DaShi, I don't think you understand what the Ignore List does.

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
        I don't plan on seeing the new Spiderman movie
        Good call. There's actually more examples of Spider-douchebaggery than I listed there. He spends the entire movie acting like an entitled knob. BTW, did you see the episode of Venture Bros. where they did a similar Spider-Man parody to what you posted?
        1011 1100

Comment

Voiced by Nathan Fillian!
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
            BTW, did you see the episode of Venture Bros. where they did a similar Spider-Man parody to what you posted?
            I don't think so, I've only seen through season 3
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Season 4. Excellent episode. Bright Lights, Dean City

Comment

I think it was the second part of Season 4. You'd almost certainly remember it if you saw it.

(sadly, I haven't seen much recent VB either--can't stay up that late now that I have a kid)

EDIT: Guy beat me to it. Come to think of it, was that the same episode with the supervillain tryouts, e.g. "Brrrrick Frog?"
                1011 1100

Comment

Given that I've replied to several of your posts and that you are still replying to me, I don't think it is working for you. Also, I guess your crap before passover was just what I said it was then. I gave you an opening then to make amends, but your words were hollow like your writing style.

Since you're reading, what do you really expect? You wanted the movie to be the same as the 2002 one. We get it, you're pretentious. But you write terrible movie reviews. Yes, this isn't a very good movie, congrats for recognizing that. However, the change in Spiderman's character was a deliberate and actually smart choice. But really, who cares? But you've got to stroke your ego, don't you. Hence announcing who you "ignore."
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I did not read that post (#9) either. All future posts will be blocked as well. There is no need to respond further, as it will serve no purpose.

I mean, I usually think it's just catty to post the

DaShi
                    Emperor
                    This message is hidden because DaShi is on your ignore list.
                    View Post
                    Remove user from ignore list
                    but you're posting directly at me here. WTF?
                    1011 1100

Comment

Then there's no need to respond to my posts, is there?

Eh, doesn't matter. I won't ever respect you.
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I think it was the second part of Season 4. You'd almost certainly remember it if you saw it.

(sadly, I haven't seen much recent VB either--can't stay up that late now that I have a kid)

EDIT: Guy beat me to it. Come to think of it, was that the same episode with the supervillain tryouts, e.g. "Brrrrick Frog?"
                        Indeed it was. Brrrrrick Frog. Fat Chance. The mute murder bear. LadyHawke Johnson and Lyndon Bee.

One of the best episodes of the season.

The first two episodes of the new season have been really good. DVR that ****, young man.

Comment

but you're posting directly at me here. WTF?
                          Deal with it.
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Don't even have a TV hooked up anymore; we didn't use it enough to make it worthwhile. I'll see them someday, I'm sure, if only on streaming Netflix when I move on to more civilized parts where that's an option.
                            1011 1100

Comment

Get a Roku box and sign up for Netflix and you're good especially with a digital terrestrial antenna.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X