No announcement yet.

I haven't slept and I'm about to work 16 hours straight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds good Dinner, but as the qualifications are so low I'm sure immigration would require the employer to prove that an employee could not be found at home, which they could not. For nursing the US schools don't put out nearly enough students to fill the need. The US has tried to limit the amount of nurses allowed in but nursing shortages quickly develop.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
      Why wouldn't people take something like that instead of a low pay, high stress job like Nursing?
      Some selfish people value jobs they like/feel good doing over higher paying jobs they don't like.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Heck, one of my old employers just hired an "Environmental Engineer 2" to work on one of the local Navy bases and all it required was a 4 year degree in geology or environmental sciences and two years work experience in the field and the salary was $72k. That's a bit on the low side too. If the guy took some software classes in Petra or ARCGIS then he'd probably be seeing closer to $85k. Not bad for a 24 year old with just a four year degree.

Yes, job satisfaction does matter and many (maybe even most) people want to do something which contributes to society but it isn't like helping the environment in your local area is all that bad a thing though, I confess, oil and gas pays much better. It's still not a bad gig.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I feel for you. I've been there once myself. No sleep, 10 hour work and then 6 hours of stuff I needed to do before I could go to bed. I was a zombie at the end.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
          X