Space Oddity, covered from the International Space Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher View Post
    How many times has the US used its weight quota to bring a guitar into space?
    I guess you might as well drop all pretense of doing anything useful with the space program.

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢ View Post
    Never been a fan of Bowie. He should have sung something by Dire Straits.
    Do astronauts get chicks for free?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
      Testicles do not descend in space.
      Surely that should make it easier to scream. In space...
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
        Do astronauts get chicks for free?
        Sultans of Swings would've been a good song. He and his coworkers could swung themselves around for visual effects.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢ View Post
          Never been a fan of Bowie.
          Get the **** out of here.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

is this thread about Kerbal Space Program?
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              Get the **** out of here.
              You can't throw me out of my own thread.
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I guess you might as well drop all pretense of doing anything useful with the space program.
                Hadfield has generated more interest in space programs this year than anyone from NASA in the last 20.

Don't underestimate the value of that.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Hadfield has generated more interest in space programs this year than anyone from NASA in the last 20.

Don't underestimate the value of that.
                  Right, the space program ought to commit its resources to marketing and PR so it can perpetuate itself. I'm sure when austerity comes no one is going to want to cut funding for people who play guitars in space.

Comment

Verily.

Also, apologies to CanadaBros. My mistake earlier; did not notice the watermark.

x-post
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

How many times has the US used its weight quota to bring a guitar into space?
                      Another question. How much did it weight, and therefore cost?
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Right, the space program ought to commit its resources to marketing and PR so it can perpetuate itself. I'm sure when austerity comes no one is going to want to cut funding for people who play guitars in space.
                        You know why the US is falling behind in science? Attitudes like this.

Kids need to get interested in science.

Excite people by science and it'll pay dividends down the road.

There are a ****load of studies that examined this in the 60s and 70s in the US with the excitement of the space race. Google it and find it.

If the CSA can afford to do this and capture the imagination of millions of children, then NASA can, too. Money well spent.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

You know why the US is falling behind in science? Attitudes like this.

Kids need to get interested in science.

Excite people by science and it'll pay dividends down the road.

There are a ****load of studies that examined this in the 60s and 70s in the US with the excitement of the space race. Google it and find it.

If the CSA can afford to do this and capture the imagination of millions of children, then NASA can, too. Money well spent.
                          1. Even if we claim the US is "falling behind in science" (which can only be considered true in the relative sense that other countries have improved at a faster rate) the US isn't falling behind countries with more impressive space programs. I mean what has Taiwan or Singapore done in space? It seems much more plausible that they outscore the US because their kids spend more time in school than because NASA is less sexy than it used to be.
                          2. Playing guitars in space isn't going to rekindle the excitement of the 1960's. In fact, nothing anyone does on the ISS will. And if attracting the interest of kids was the goal, picking a forty year old song is questionable choice.

Comment

I would not want to be on the ISS. I mean, really, what the hell do you do for ***** up there? And when you jerk off, does your jizz just go everywhere? These are important lifestyle questions. I have a practical mind.

Comment

To be fair, this is entirely the Canadian Space Agency (CSA). Thus the watermark in the top left. NASA would never do such a thing.
                              QFT

That's just a fancy way of saying this is entirely the work of Chris Hadfield though, right? I'm pretty sure he's the only member of the Canadian Space Agency, although there might also be an intelligent beaver.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                                Probably not true, but let's not intrude on Asher's Canada fap fest, lest he recall who actually built the vast majority of the station...
                                You have to appreciate the fact that this is one the most Canadian things ever. Some nondescript white dude singing, in a pleasant enough if unmemorable fashion, an English song on an American space station before landing back on the frozen plains from whence he came. All this video was missing was an Alan Thicke cameo.

Comment

Working...
                                X