No announcement yet.

Space Oddity, covered from the International Space Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dude, the changes were unnecessary: completely and wholeheartedly. I'm taking the artfag's position on this.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

if he had done a note for note remake, it wouldn't have been about him.

it would have been honoring those who
      have died.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill View Post
        Wait.

They got a guitar into space?

****ing awesome.
        He also wrote an original song from the ISS.

His daily pictures are ****ing awesome, too.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
          I am advocating whatever NASA can do to raise its profile/awareness of space exploration in the general public.

I am also pretty sure that Mr. Bowie doesn't mind in the least, and probably thinks it is ****ing awesome.
          To be fair, this is entirely the Canadian Space Agency (CSA). Thus the watermark in the top left. NASA would never do such a thing.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Bowie is in no danger, but that was cool
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Probably not true, but let's not intrude on Asher's Canada fap fest, lest he recall who actually built the vast majority of the station...

xpost
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

falsetto, I think his shorts may be too tight
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

I like the whole thing, from concept to presentation.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
                    dude, the changes were unnecessary: completely and wholeheartedly. I'm taking the artfag's position on this.
                    No you are not. As a lifelong professional artfag, I can assure you covers are supposed to be interesting - no point in doing them if they aren't. Sometimes changing lyrics are part of it. This time it works. You are not an artfag - you are a grumpy old man.

Originally posted by AH
                    falsetto, I think his shorts may be too tight.
                    Testicles do not descend in space.
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

He's a grumpy old man? You must be joking. Grumpy, maybe.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Everyone gets to old man eventually, some sooner than others.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post

Testicles do not descend in space.
                          admit you made that up

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                            As a lifelong professional artfag, I can assure you covers are supposed to be interesting - no point in doing them if they aren't. Sometimes changing lyrics are part of it.

This time it works.
                            for me, it doesn't. The only cool thing about it is that it was recorded in space, which is admittedly really cool. That really cool thing is overshadowing the mediocrity of the actual song.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                              Probably not true, but let's not intrude on Asher's Canada fap fest, lest he recall who actually built the vast majority of the station...

xpost
                              How many times has the US used its weight quota to bring a guitar into space?

Comment

Never been a fan of Bowie. He should have sung something by Dire Straits.
                                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                                X